Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Ford Fiesta Dipped Beams Not Working

narbar

Hi, both my dipped beams went out at the same time, ive just changed both bulbs and they are still out.  Ive visually checked the fuses and they look ok.

I then noticed something odd, when i turned my full beams on and off the dipped beams stayed on and began working again.  This is untill i turned them off again and then persisted.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea what was causing this off issue! Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks Dean

I don't know exactly but if it was mine I would have a look at the relays which are behind the glovebox. Maybe swap the dip and main beam relays round (I would imagine those two relays are identical) and see if problem same or if problem moves to main beam lights. 

But it might also be the main/dip switch (the left stalk combined with indicator switch).

Recently on a friends 2004 Fiesta (I think the stalk is same as yours) I recently replaced the stalk (from eBay about 6 or 7 quid 2nd hand incl postage). It was stuck on main beam and wouldn't change to dip.  I dismantled the switch and found the click mechanism inside had broken. Very easy to change it, 10 min max.

Hi thanks for the reply 🙂 checked the relays snd no change, so looks like its the other option, ill let you know if it fixes it thanks again

The switch I bought was the type without button on the end. If yours has button on end for mpg display etc it might cost more.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club