Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2019 Focus

DaveG1975

ive got a 2019 focus Vignale im having problems with door handle lock sensors only the drivers door only works the other three doors handle lock sensor don't work took it to a ford dealer this morning they plugged it in and said there is not a problem and they said they didn't even know you could lock the doors with using all four door handles 

Idiots!  Mine works ok on all 4 doors although apparently on recent vehicles the feature has been removed from rear doors.

It was working but it has just over the passed few weeks

I have a 2019 Titanium, and can confirm all 4 doors have sensors and lock when tapping them 

Don't know what to do might have to take it to another ford dealer my only option I think

• Like 1

Presume they changed this on mk4. Mk3. 5 opens on all 4 doors but only locks from 2 front. At least mine does

They worked fine when I bought it but over the last few weeks they have stopped working they worked for a few days last week but stopped again now

I know this may sound silly, but have you started to carry your keys differently, as in another bag.  I've notice sometime mine doors dont work depending in what bag I have the keys in, pull them out and every door works fine on mk4.

I keep them in a Faraday pouch ive even tried turning the switch inhibitors on and and off in the lock setting the three other doors still don't work

My lock sensors drove me mad the first time I washed the car - anyone know how to turn them off?

You can disable keyless entry in settings on dash using steering wheel controls. Alternatively just leave a key inside the car when you wash it.

• Like 1

My lock sensors drove me mad the first time I washed the car - anyone know how to turn them off?
What I do (from tip on here) is unlock car and put key fob back in the house. That way A. It won't activate. B. Nobody could potentially jump in car and steal it while I am round the back of house sorting hose etc.
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, gillyallan said:
9 hours ago, Dark Andy said:

What I do (from tip on here) is unlock car and put key fob back in the house. That way A. It won't activate. B. Nobody could potentially jump in car and steal it while I am round the back of house sorting hose etc.

Thanks for the tip - do you know if there's also a way to disable it for when I use a jet wash at a garage? Unfortunately in that situation I have to keep the key in my pocket when I'm using the washer and the water triggers the door locks.

The water and doorlocks thing is weird but demonstrates how easy it is for the signal to be detected

I've just bought a couple of Faraday shield pouches for keys - work really well - car does not detect key even when sitting in driver's seat

Got mine here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWR-RFID-Signal-Blocking-Pouches-2-Pack-Anti-Theft-Faraday-Bag-Protector/163484903065?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

16 minutes ago, Westville said:

The water and doorlocks thing is weird but demonstrates how easy it is for the signal to be detected

I've just bought a couple of Faraday shield pouches for keys - work really well - car does not detect key even when sitting in driver's seat

Got mine here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWR-RFID-Signal-Blocking-Pouches-2-Pack-Anti-Theft-Faraday-Bag-Protector/163484903065?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Great, thanks for that.

On 8/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, DaveG1975 said:

They worked fine when I bought it but over the last few weeks they have stopped working they worked for a few days last week but stopped again now

I normally only use my drivers door when locking and unlocking my car but having read this thread I thought I would check out my other doors locks.

To my surprise like you I have found that now the passenger and rear door lock sensors do not work.

I am sure from new all four door worked fine so something has obviously changed.

Have you tried reprogramming the unlocking procedure (youmay have inadvertently changed the setting) according to my handbook:

Unlocking the Doors
Missing Image   Press the button to unlock all doors. The direction indicators will flash.
Note:  The driver door can be unlocked with the key if the remote control is not functioning.
Note:  When you leave your vehicle unattended for several weeks, the remote control turns off. Your vehicle must be unlocked and the engine started using the key. Unlocking and starting your vehicle once enables the remote control.
Reprogramming the Unlocking Function
Note:  When you press the unlock button, either all the doors are unlocked or only the driver door is unlocked.Pressing the unlock button again unlocks all the doors.
 Press and hold the unlock and lock buttons on the remote control simultaneously for at least four seconds with the ignition off. The direction indicators flash twice to confirm the change.
To return to the original unlocking function, repeat the process.

Hope that helps :thumbup1:

Got a phone call from the Ford dealers today after having my car in on Saturday about it they are now saying its about the car battery now if its only about 50% charged then the door lock sensors only on the driver door so you can lock and unlock on the drivers door only sounds a bit strange to me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveG1975 said:

Got a phone call from the Ford dealers today after having my car in on Saturday about it they are now saying its about the car battery now if its only about 50% charged then the door lock sensors only on the driver door so you can lock and unlock on the drivers door only sounds a bit strange to me

Thanks for updating us Dave.

I have spoken to my dealer today and coincidentally they are saying the same.

This could also explain (if a battery problem) why my auto stop start very rarely works.

They have asked me to take it in for them to carry out some checks a week next Monday.

I will keep you updated on how things go.

So what does your dealer propose to do to fix the problem?

Are they suggesting that it may be a faulty battery because it’s not holding its charge, or are they passing the book by saying that its low charge is due to your driving style, say short journeys etc.?

1 hour ago, Westville said:

Have you tried reprogramming the unlocking procedure (youmay have inadvertently changed the setting) according to my handbook:

Hope that helps :thumbup1:

Jim, thanks for the information but unfortunately that’s only relevant to the remote control key fob.

The problem that we have is with the keyless entry door handle touch sensors not working.

I appreciate that my point which I clearly failed to make was that your lock/unlock settings a la the key fob may also affect the door handle locking - worth a look?

12 minutes ago, PLB said:

Thanks for updating us Dave.

I have spoken to my dealer today and coincidentally they are saying the same.

They have asked me to take it in for them to carry out some checks a week next Monday.

This could also explain (if a battery problem) why my auto stop start very rarely works.

I will keep you updated on how things go.

So what does your dealer propose to do to fix the problem?

Are they suggesting that it may be a faulty battery because it’s not holding its charge, or are they passing the book by saying that its low charge is due to your driving style, say short journeys etc.?

Out of interest have you ever noticed if you dont start the car immediately you get in ,whether you get a low battery warning on Sync3 screen. I get that occasionally if the car had been left for some days . If your battery was that low I would have expected you to get that alert.

The dealer does'nt want to know must admit I do short journeys to 5 mile there 5 mile back my stop start rarely works either yes I do get a low battery warning on my sync 3 screen as well

4 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Out of interest have you ever noticed if you dont start the car immediately you get in ,whether you get a low battery warning on Sync3 screen. I get that occasionally if the car had been left for some days . If your battery was that low I would have expected you to get that alert.

Yes, I also get a low battery warning on my Sync 3 screen.