Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ABS MODULE

MARK NEEVES

The ABS Module has failed in my 1.5 Diesel B Max and I am advised will need replacing. My local Ford dealer has quoted £1,500 + £240 labour.

Apparently this is the going rate and the module has to include the Hydraulic Control Unit although this is not usually the cause of the failure.

Is it possible to source cost effective ABS Modules elsewhere - my Ford dealer will fit and program if I can supply the part albeit without a part warranty? 

• 4 weeks later...

ECU testing   and    BBA reman  do rebuilding of ABS modules. I have not checked that they specifically do your model.

My brother's 2007 Fiesta had a failed ABS module. He asked two small garages about fitting a rebuilt unit and they both said they had had trouble with rebuilt units and were not interested in doing the job unless they were fitting a brand new genuine Ford unit.

So the car has sat in his front garden for a almost a year and will probably be left to rust away/seize up(as that is how most of his cars end)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club