Juli c

2018 fiesta non start and st lock engaged

Posted (edited)

Hi, hoping for some advice. Fiesta hasn't been driven for 6 weeks as I broke my foot. Now it won't start (sounds like flat battery) but I can't get steering lock off to drive to get replacement battery after i jump starter her! Car has keyless entry and push stop/start! Any help please?

Edited by Juli c
Forgot to add I'd jump started car

I charged the battery on trickle and it's draining off. My friend came and jump started it, so I could drive to get a replacement battery but I can't can't get the steering lock off. The car is 18 months old and 4000 miles on clock.

13 hours ago, Juli c said:

I charged the battery on trickle and it's draining off. My friend came and jump started it, so I could drive to get a replacement battery but I can't can't get the steering lock off. The car is 18 months old and 4000 miles on clock.

Ah, that makes more sense!  This is happening quite often on the Mk8.  There are some plugs to remove but I can't remember which off the top of my head... @iantt should be able to help.