Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alloys

sussex belle

Some knobshite Asda delivery driver forced me into the verge today my N/S/F wheel has some scratches now . I was wondering if any of you guys know the paint code or where to get some touch up paint from, the wheel isn,t gouged just scratched , Thanks L 

Here's a link to a previous thread on the same topic - we didn't get very far I'm afraid😀 I've had the same problem with previous cars of various makes - you can find the code for the body colour but not the wheels. If they're only small scratches you may find a near match in the touch up sticks in your local motor store, which would do the job. I have various part used grey touch ups in the garage from previous cars which I intend to experiment with if necessary.

2 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Here's a link to a previous thread on the same topic - we didn't get very far I'm afraid😀 I've had the same problem with previous cars of various makes - you can find the code for the body colour but not the wheels. If they're only small scratches you may find a near match in the touch up sticks in your local motor store, which would do the job. I have various part used grey touch ups in the garage from previous cars which I intend to experiment with if necessary.

On that topic... 

i sadly still do not know the paint codes for my alloys but I ended up going with a “smart repair” guy that my local approved Ford body shop recommended/use. 

His price was very competitive, especially as he came from a “Ford-approved” place, not that it really matters for a scraped alloy. 

He fixed the scratches including painting in just over an hour and I cannot point out where the damage was anymore so very happy with it. 

Depends on what colour the alloy is as well, mine are grey so the colour matching is a bit awkward. On silver alloys, despite different shades, i’d have thought it’d be easier to find a perfect/close match.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DG97 said:

Depends on what colour the alloy is as well, mine are grey so the colour matching is a bit awkward. On silver alloys, despite different shades, i’d have thought it’d be easier to find a perfect/close match.

I think we've all got grey, being ST-Lines. In the past I thought silver would be easier, but it's amazing how many shades of wheel silver there are. Last time I used a professional, it was a guy I'd used several times before for "smart repairs"who did an excellent job. But on the scuffed silver wheel of the Audi I had then, he spent hours trying to get a match and ended up painting the whole wheel before he was satisfied with the result.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, sussex belle said:

Asda delivery driver forced me into the verge today

Just a thought, but are you going to try a claim against Asda? These delivery guys are pretty closely monitored these days, so if you have the date, time and place of the incident they should know that they had a driver there at that time.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just a thought, but are you going to try a claim against Asda? These delivery guys are pretty closely monitored these days, so if you have the date, time and place of the incident they should know that they had a driver there at that time.

Good idea, wonder if the Asda vans have any cameras and if they do... will ASDA be up for doing some digging to end up having to pay out for the damage? 

Judging how most places and people seem to be, I bet they won’t be that keen on doing anything unless you have proof or a witness. 

Definitely worth a try either way though.

I have downloaded my dash cam footage and iv,e been in touch with Asda Head office .A person from transport dept is supposed to be getting back so its a waiting game 

👍Good luck! Let's hope they confess!😀

I was told the grey was a Volvo grey. Can’t remember the name though. 

2 hours ago, Westville said:

The site also links you to a darker (VW) colour which he reckons is a better match for later cars. Also found another supplier http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/Myldan-Auto-Design/Ford-/_i.html?_fsub=5277095015&_sid=1032887525&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322 on there who seems to do similar stuff.

Weird thing is I was searching for ages a couple of months back and neither of these came up then.

Thank you Eric,   I have ordered some of the darker paint its called pepper grey from VW,  i,ve had my motor 6 weeks  now and i,m still finding things all the time that brings a smile to my face it,s a great car 

• 2 years later...

Hi all, I know this is post resurrection,long shot but if your still on here, how did you get on in the end did you find it to be an exact match or close enough? I've just done the same thing to my st-line..... 

Cheers