Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta MK8 Loud Clunking When Cornering

Kieranwilliams1132
聽Share

Right then.......this is an issue which has really annoyed me over the last 6 months, my fiesta makes a clunking noise when cornering, however, it doesn't make a noise when going around roundabouts or driving in circles, only seems to happen when turning into junctions and pulling up to park. The car has had both topmounts replaced and has been in the garage 4 maybe 5 times to have the bottom end dropped and inspected. However the clueless monkeys at the dealership still cannot find anything. Anybody else have the same problem??馃

Droplinks and anti-roll bar rubbers been checked?

So I've been told mate, but unless any error codes pop聽up on their computer they won't check anything, most聽dealerships won't do any manual digging these days. Haven't checked them myself yet however I have a bit of spare time this afternoon to take a look.聽

Don't believe that, mate. I worked in the garage game long enough to know that's bull. If it is not obvious, yeah they wont spend forever on it but if you go with a suspension/mechanical fault they'll have a look. Little suspension knocks are a pain too. I聽spent 3 months chasing a slight suspension knock in a Merc聽that only happened under very specific conditions but never under a test drive or on a ramp but was enough for the customer to keep coming back with it. Changed 5-6 arms and it was still coming back under this slightly moist evenings with a聽full Blood moon when the dog is howling at 67.2 Db at 4:23 that聽afternoon!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club