Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk8 fiesta st rattle from sunroof/ interior lights when exceeding 70mph?

Mk8fiestast99

Hi all. New mk8 fiesta st owner, and when exceeding 70mph, there is a rattle, sounds like it’s coming from inside the interior lights / sunroof area?... any ideas?

thanks

42 minutes ago, Mk8fiestast99 said:

Hi all. New mk8 fiesta st owner, and when exceeding 70mph, there is a rattle, sounds like it’s coming from inside the interior lights / sunroof area?... any ideas?

thanks

Any ideas guys? .. not sure if it’s something to be worried about or not .

Silly one, but anything in the sunglasses holder? It's not well padded and I got a bit of a rattle unless the glasses were in a soft case.

Hi I don’t think there is a sunglasses holder in the mk8 fiesta st?

Hi I don’t think there is a sunglasses holder in the mk8 fiesta st? I’ve got the panoramic sunroof.

6 minutes ago, Mk8fiestast99 said:

Hi I don’t think there is a sunglasses holder in the mk8 fiesta st? I’ve got the panoramic sunroof.

There won’t be one if you have the panoramic roof fitted. 

Regarding the rattle - nothing to worry about. It’s just the below average build quality in some places. There is a fairly comprehensive thread in this forum on MK8 build quality issues where someone mentions rattles from the pan roof and a solution. Have a look through the forum to try to find it but if I remember correctly, there will be an element or two that will require some padding to suppress/eliminate the rattling. 

9 minutes ago, Mk8fiestast99 said:

Hi I don’t think there is a sunglasses holder in the mk8 fiesta st?

Ah, perhaps the optional pan roof eats into the space - it's normally behind the interior lights in the roof console. I've not been in one with a pan roof. Other than that I was going to suggest getting a friend to press on the suspect areas while you drive and see if it stops, to locate the problem. I've had rattle problems in the past with large sliding glass panel roofs so would be inclined to suspect that.

Great thank you guys for the advise. Much appreciated 

• 2 years later...
On 8/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, DG97 said:

There won’t be one if you have the panoramic roof fitted. 

Regarding the rattle - nothing to worry about. It’s just the below average build quality in some places. There is a fairly comprehensive thread in this forum on MK8 build quality issues where someone mentions rattles from the pan roof and a solution. Have a look through the forum to try to find it but if I remember correctly, there will be an element or two that will require some padding to suppress/eliminate the rattling. 

Searching for those solution aswell!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club