Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing door card / panel from front door on 2018, Mk4 Focus.

Dark Andy

I have an irritating knocking noise coming from inside the front passenger door when driving over rough surfaces, it sounds like there's a wire or something loose inside the door and knocking against the inside of the door card / panel. I don't really trust the dealer to fix it without causing any additional damage, so I thought I'd have a look inside there myself. I've tried looking up how to remove the panel on the internet but can only find mk3 instructions, which bear little resemblance to the mk4 doors and panels. So, does anyone know how to remove the door card / panel from the front passenger's door on a 2018, mk4 focus?

There are loads of videos on YouTube - you might not find the identical one to yours but the principles are all the same - just take your time and locate the retaining screws and be careful with any pop in lugs or clips - you'll soon get the card off

https://www.google.com/search?q=2018+focus+door+card+removal&rlz=1C1AWUC_enGB746GB748&oq=2018+focus+door+card+removal&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8081j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

29 minutes ago, Westville said:

There are loads of videos on YouTube - you might not find the identical one to yours but the principles are all the same - just take your time and locate the retaining screws and be careful with any pop in lugs or clips - you'll soon get the card off

https://www.google.com/search?q=2018+focus+door+card+removal&rlz=1C1AWUC_enGB746GB748&oq=2018+focus+door+card+removal&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.8081j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks - I've looked at those but the Mk4 is quite a bit different as it doesn't appear to have any visible screws securing the panel in the way that previous models do - I'm guessing they're really well hidden, so I'm after some pointers as to where they are and how to get to them.

I would leave it to the dealer. I've done Mk3 cards and when you know how it's easy however  there's a high risk of damaging some of the plastic clips . If you do that and then take it to the dealer they may know it's been tampered with.

1 hour ago, Comares2001 said:

I would leave it to the dealer. I've done Mk3 cards and when you know how it's easy however  there's a high risk of damaging some of the plastic clips . If you do that and then take it to the dealer they may know it's been tampered with.

Yes, you're probably right there. I've only had the car for a couple of weeks and don't really want the dealers making it worse, but it doesn't seem like it's as easy to take off and re-fit as I first thought. 

I had exactly the same problem, took it to the dealer and they took front door card off and said they could find no fault even thought they heard it on a test drive, after replacing the card no noise at all.

Glad yours appears to be ok now. I took mine in today, they said that there was a junction box inside the door which was loose but should now be ok. Driving home seemed ok but I'll keep my ears open and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club