Russ 6334

Ford sony stereos

Morning all,

has anyone had issues with tuning on ford sony stereos, my MK4 mondeo DAB doesnt keep a signal well when you drive around but its the best of the ones i have, my old MK3 with the older sony stereo wouldnt keep a signal well at all and you constantly had to retune, my new mk3 estate same stereo minus bluetooth again doesnt keep a signal and just bought a Focus CC with the DAB type stereo though minus DAB and again doesnt work for *****! i literally cant drive a mile without losing a signal and it cant find major stations like radio 2, heart etc. i have to drive the focus in silence! i've checked to see if the aerial is disconnected or grounded to earth and no issues but i cannot believe in 4 fords with the same two types of stereo they all suffer from the same issue!

PS i dont live in chernobyl or the antarctic! for that matter i live in Plymouth a large enough city!

why are these stereos so poor?

Russ

Must admit I've not heard of any recorded problem with signal lock and it's definitely not a Plymouth thing, I live there too and DAB is fine there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

blue night? 871? not a shoulder number is it? 50 force EC/EL/ED?