Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Race Chip or Not

H1ghlander1977

Hey all,

Has anyone got/tried or know someone that's used these chipping thingy ma bob?

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/ford/focus-11-dyb-2010-to-2018/1-0-ecoboost-998ccm-125hp-92kw-200nm.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwyqTqBRAyEiwA8K_4O3Xoowd05JjgkeZ4BqFYSK05qylNHostB0xEhLquQqJXDhJ2oRiByxoCsRUQAvD_BwE

Thinking either something like this (Around £119 upwards) or the Bluefin (Around £350)

Cheers all

RaceChip.jpg

1 hour ago, H1ghlander1977 said:

Hey all,

Has anyone got/tried or know someone that's used these chipping thingy ma bob?

https://www.racechip.co.uk/shop/ford/focus-11-dyb-2010-to-2018/1-0-ecoboost-998ccm-125hp-92kw-200nm.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwyqTqBRAyEiwA8K_4O3Xoowd05JjgkeZ4BqFYSK05qylNHostB0xEhLquQqJXDhJ2oRiByxoCsRUQAvD_BwE

Thinking either something like this (Around £119 upwards) or the Bluefin (Around £350)

Cheers all

RaceChip.jpg

Commenting to follow.

• Thanks 1

Following also, would love to see love real dyno results and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

56 minutes ago, Monks600 said:

Following also, would love to see love real dyno results and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah me too but can't see any dyno reports etc but found this test on a bmw

Although it's not from the same company, I've been running a Spider Arachnid tuning box on my MK2 1.8 TDCi Focus for just short of 2 years without any problems.  There's a definite change in performance between the modes, I'm currently in one of the upper performance modes and getting 56 MPG (calculated brim to brim) so not bad for 2005 old crate.

Given the choice/budget I suspect that most people (me included) would choose a remap from a reputable company but this has the downside of not being transferrable, unlike certain tuning boxes where you just purchase the appropriate wiring loom for your new car and ensure the box is using the correct preset for the new engine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club