Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ti-vct engine 1.6

steplce74

hi, I have a 2006 focus with the 1.6 zetec ti-vct engine

they are meant to be good on fuel? on a run the fuel gauge goes down pretty quick from full to 1/2 then ok

driving it around town I get about 240 to a tank, its done 77k miles full history with a recent cambelt/water pump change

it sounds throaty from the exhaust driving it around but had it checked and been told its fine

the performance doesn't seem as good as ive read on the net, doesn't feel much quicker than a standard 1.6 not as good on fuel 

I cannot make a judgement on your situation from the above details. Not enough info.

You need to do at least 1 run where you fill the tank, note the miles run then fill again. You will then know the litres used against the miles run. A quick play on the calculator on your phone will give the MPG. ( note 4.546 litres = 1 imperial gallon. )

My other Focus, just like yours, gives something like 35 MPG around town and 42 MPG on a long run with no air con.

Good basic maintenance is important. Plugs, air filter, tyres pumped up correctly, brakes not binding, Variable Cam Timing (VCT) OK, etc etc.

ScaniaPBman.

My 2.5L ST gets 240 to a tank if I'm careful. Yours should easily get 300 miles unless you drive like you're in an RS...

It all depends what sort of journeys you do and how you drive. If I cruise at 70 on the motorway, I can get 35mpg. Not that I drive faster than 70, obviously. However around town in stop start traffic, I'm looking at sub 20mpg.

My car is a mk3 2011 with the 1.6 ti-vct engine. I have a daily drive to work and back which is about 20 miles each way 70% motorway and then usually local driving at weekends. My mpg had been dropping below 30 but I fitted a new coil pack and plugs a couple of months ago and I'm back between 35-40 mpg over a full tank and can get low to mid 40s on a long journey. It drops if you are sat in traffic a lot. I don't think I have ever got less than 300 miles out of a tank and I usually fill up with 20-30 miles left in the tank. Most weeks I get around 350-370 out of a tank. 

I wouldn't class myself as a slow driver either, I enjoy the speed and acceleration too much. The kids comment on my fast driving regularly although I wouldn't class myself as a boy racer, I'm getting a bit old for that. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club