Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New (to me) Focus Steering Issue

The Finance Guy

Picked up my new 2017 Focus last week, and I spotted the first time I parked it at my house that there was a scraping noise from the steering when at low speeds. 

Took to back to Arnold Shark to get their mechanics to look at it (I would have dealt with it myself if it hadn't been so new), and they said it needs to go to a Ford dealer to get a warranty repair. 

I have no issue with that as its going to get repaired, and thankfully its not getting handled by AC's mechanics, but it was just a girl at the service desk that I spoke to who was unable to tell me anything about what the problem was. Her words were "something wrong with the drive shaft or something like that". 

I am mechanically competent and though I prefer bikes I can work on cars no problem, so its irritating me that I don't know what's wrong with the car, and I can't get anyone to tell me. 

Due at the Ford Dealer in Perth on Friday, but I wondered if anyone has had the same issue or knows of a common issue with this model?

I had a refurbished electric steering rack fitted last year on my 2011 focus and after that I noticed a slight scraping noise when first turning out of my driveway in the mornings. It only seems to do it when the car has been sat for a while. It hasn't caused any issues and I have just left it as my steering rack is covered under warranty. 

Yeah its not the same - its all the time not just when its been sitting. 

I guess I will just wait and see when I take it in tomorrow. 

Ford are saying it needs a new steering rack, and have advised that I don't drive the car until they've fitted it. Part comes in on Tuesday....

Arnold Clark offered me a courtesy car....a Fiat Panda. I have declined and suggested that between themselves and Ford, they can figure out who is providing me with a suitable car. Not a Fiat Panda. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club