Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto/Manual Mirrors not folding

Feisty

This might be a silly question. I purchased a 2008 Ford Fiesta 1.4 Climate Zetec 5 door on friday, the mirrors folded out when the car was test driven. Since having the vehicle, they no longer do this. The manual button doesn't seem to work (or i'm doing it wrong) and the fob unlock/lock doesn't make it do it automatically either.

I've read these mirrors are unreliable and prone to breaking but there was no clicking, they unfolded on test drive and didnt fold back up and haven't since.

Any suggestions on what I could try?

Thanks in advance.

The vehicle handbook gives the information on how to use the door mounted switch,  but with not selecting either left or right mirror for glass tilting or turning,  by pushing the knob down the mirrors shoulf fold or unfold.

I take it the tilt and turn works for both left and right mirrors ?

We have a Fusion of Fiesta of that ilk, and occasionally one of the mirrors  is a bit reluctant to fold or unfold.

In the winter, and the threat of frost, I like to leave them folded out.  This can be done by first locking the car (mirrors fold in), then unlocking it (mirrors fold out...  Then after about 30secs, the car relocks with the mirrors folded out.

Thanks for replying. 

The tilt works fine for both. But the manual open and close does nothing. Ive had it in the middle and tilted it up and down. Does nothing. No noise. 

Nothing in Haynes Manual to help.  Only other suggestion is to look at the fuse box layout on the rear of the glove box, and see if there are any fuses/relays that feed the Folding circuit.

Or check any fitted fuses that are shown as "Spare" or "Not Used"  on the layout.

Try folding them in by hand and then pressing the 'open' button.  Maybe they open fine but won't close...?

17 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Try folding them in by hand and then pressing the 'open' button.  Maybe they open fine but won't close...?

Ill have a try. Scared of breaking them fully lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club