Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Slim plate holders

zain611

Just trying to find some thin plate holders for the car. Don't really like those ones you see with the wide bottom part for advertising. Thought one of you guys might help look for me. 

Seen these 2 here 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0102N7QN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_TeitDbJG7SRS5

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QWT2Q4J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_sZitDbYY8MKV3

Really want it to look like this one where it looks to be no hooks on the edges

Screenshot_20190808-215316.png

Screenshot_20190808-215307.png

Having had two cars’ plates pinched in less than a few years, I’d be looking to make it harder to remove than easier. It’s a huge pita

For what you want they look fine. Have you thought about just tape on the back if you want a clean look?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LondonFiesta said:

Having had two cars’ plates pinched in less than a few years, I’d be looking to make it harder to remove than easier. It’s a huge pita

For what you want they look fine. Have you thought about just tape on the back if you want a clean look?

I have those adhesive pads but just worried about it falling off hence why I'm looking at a plate holder. Mainly want it to be discreet.

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I have those adhesive pads but just worried about it falling off 

Had several cars that came with the plates fitted invisibly. I presume they had been fitted with pads but never got to check as none ever came off! One car we had stayed in the family for 13 years without a problem with the plates.

27 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Had several cars that came with the plates fitted invisibly. I presume they had been fitted with pads but never got to check as none ever came off! One car we had stayed in the family for 13 years without a problem with the plates.

Might seen then 😅. Is the bumper on your car curved? I did end up buying the first plate holder in the original post above. My dad is just worried about the plates falling off from the adhesive pads. He's experienced it himself with his car where it fell off twice whilst it was parked. 

This is the pads I have. 

15653477060925146436113191905543.jpg

Just now, zain611 said:

. Is the bumper on your car curved? 

The car I have now is fixed with screws. The ones I mentioned all had flat areas on the tailgate/boot, front bumpers normally have some flat area(s) where the number plate mountings are, so I guess they used pads on those in place of the screws. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Westville said:

What's you experience with it? Might go down Halfords to have a look. 

Probably just going to use that plate holder I bought. Might see if its possible sticking the rear plates on but again the tailgate screw holes are lifted a bit so i think the plate will only make contact in those two small areas. 

3M pads are great as long as you use them properly and use enough evenly spaced out to grab the plate

I've used them on the plastic plate holders like Ford's fitted to my Edge and also directly onto the front and rear bodywork

Because the crap pads supplied by my number plate maker failed recently I had no option but to use screws and caps to secure the plates - otherwise I would have "stuck" with 3M

Don't be tempted to buy Halford's own brand sticky tape either as pads or on rolls - it's not up to the job in my experience

• Like 1

So to update I bought the first plate holder I linked in the original post. To be honest it looks nice hopefully the plate will look good in it which I'll update on. 

DEZENTOFIX CMS License Plate Holder - Top RatedBESTSELLER from Germany, 2 Pieces -NEW! - The long expected DISCREET Solutionfrom GERMANY! https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0102N7QN8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_a-TuDbN0H8QJ0

_20190813_165812.JPG

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club