Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Folding / Pop Up Garage Options

Stophen

Hi All,

I live in Glasgow, a city renowned for it's rain. You would think I could rely on a summers day for good weather, but no, not even this is possible!

So, I have started to look for an affordable solution to allow me to work out side without the pain of extending my house.

My criteria is an affordable garage that I can put up and take down within a matter on minutes. Something preferable that won't blow away in the wind, waterproof but will allow light in.

My searching has taken me to this product: https://www.dancovershop.com/uk/product/portable-garages-6.1/folding-garage-flex-carcover-3x6-m-black.aspx

Has anybody been in the same situation and found a solution that works?

Thanks in advance for your work, Stophen.

Having spent many years working on cars outside in all weathers I know your pain.

that looks like a good idea with the built in groundsheet kinda thing but if you were doing mechanical work inside it you would need to heavily protect it.

Hi @stef123,

14 hours ago, stef123 said:

that looks like a good idea with the built in groundsheet kinda thing but if you were doing mechanical work inside it you would need to heavily protect it.

I think I would probably leave the groundsheet out of the equation as it would take a bit longer to set up and the ground beneath is ok.

Have you used anything in the past that is quick to set up and easy to store?

Stophen.

If you’ve ever worked under a gazebo outside, you’ll know it doesn’t take the water long to pour in beside you and make the gazebo seemingly pointless lol. The idea of that being sealed from the ground seems a good idea, although how waterproof it really is? 

Only ever used a gazebo on a couple of occasions, absolute waste of time. 

Ah, @stef123 I never thought about the water running in, good point!

I'll have a think, and if I do get one I'll let you know what it's like to use!

Cheers, Stophen.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club