Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 Ford Focus ST Line Headlights

Corki1000IOM

Evening all,

So I was lucky enough to have purchased my car yesterday. Despite trying my hardest to not modify immediately and just enjoy it first. I can not stand the headlight bulbs on this car. I think it's daft it has white fogs and Dry but yellow dipped and full beam. This needs correcting as soon as possible.

I've read various different forum posts about LEDs and HIDs and wanted to see if anyone had changed theirs on a focus this new and if so what did they go with and what are the results?

DSC_1069.JPG

Fitting LED Bulbs will blind other road users and get you flashed, a lot!

The MK4 Focus has 3 headlight options from factory:

1) standard halogen with LED running lights (the ones you have)

2) LED headlights with LED running lights. These are the ones to go for, they produce a GOOD legal white light.

3) LED adaptive lights.These are the ones that move when turning corners. Not sure these would be an easy swap, may need something enabled in the ECU and also harness additions.

You could try the ICE/BLUE halogen bulbs that companies like Philips or GE produce. These have a limited life span, i've found to be about a year from fitting.

Hope this helps a bit. Keep us posted on what you decide.

• Like 1

Stick some osram nightbreakers in and next time tick the led lights option.

I have osrams in mine, they give good light.

• Like 1

I would recommend you replacing your bulbs with Ring xenon 150 H7 bulbs or Osram night breakers. I put in Ring 150 which have been in for 2 years with no problems the standard Ford bulbs are like driving with candles in 

• Like 1