Do Not Sell My Personal Information

frount seat tilt handle

trevor sharan

front passage seat tilt lever broken were can I get a replacement

Ford dealer or eBay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Focus-MK2-Front-Seat-Tipping-Release-Knob-1352782/272375344043?epid=1309781353&hash=item3f6ad5ebab:g:pxwAAOSwEONb9voK

That's just the handle, you may need to check if the cable has broken as well.  There is this used handle & cable on eBay but of course there's no telling how long until a used part fails.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-passenger-side-3-door-front-folding-seat-clasp-handle-2005-2010/264362054564?hash=item3d8d34d3a4:g:r~UAAOSwmZNcwaeZ

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Are the fiesta ones the same size as the internet (amazon etc) are littered with replacement handles but focus ones seem like rocking horse muck!

Regards

Mike

i do not know if the same. they seem very expensive. A friend with a fiesta had hers break, they were both replaced and broke again. she felt not worth paying again. I tied a thick bootlace to the end of each cable, put it in a loop, now she just pulls on the boot lace. Looks odd, works just fine, and cheap. 

• Like 1

The Fiesta ones aren't the same.  The Focus ones don't break anywhere near as often which is probably why they're harder to find!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

The Fiesta ones aren't the same.  The Focus ones don't break anywhere near as often which is probably why they're harder to find!

So you can use the fiesta ones but they break easily? I just need it to pass the MOT really!

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, MikeyS said:

So you can use the fiesta ones but they break easily? I just need it to pass the MOT really!

No, the Fiesta ones aren't the same as I said above lol.

Broken seat tilt isn't actually an MOT fail...but a lot of testers don't understand the regulation on this and try to fail it anyway.  If you just want to pass MOT without any hassle, just use cable ties or similar as Isetta suggested.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

No, the Fiesta ones aren't the same as I said above lol.

Broken seat tilt isn't actually an MOT fail...but a lot of testers don't understand the regulation on this and try to fail it anyway.  If you just want to pass MOT without any hassle, just use cable ties or similar as Isetta suggested.

Sorry I read that wrong my mistake.

Cant use cable ties as the handle has snapped off. The cable is still fine.

Weire that this part is so hard to find!

1 hour ago, MikeyS said:

Sorry I read that wrong my mistake.

Cant use cable ties as the handle has snapped off. The cable is still fine.

Weire that this part is so hard to find!

You could just clamp a set of mole grips onto the cable as a real bodge... :laugh:  

I guess you've checked any local breakers yards?  They may have one still attached to the car, they often break on removal though which is why they're not readily available used.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club