Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Ford Focus 1.8 tdci not starting HELP

Roger111

Hi, my 2007 Ford Focus 1.8 tdci (105000 miles) didn’t want to start yesterday. I thought it was maybe a dirty fuel filter so changed it but it still just turned over. I read about the air in the fuel posts so I bleed the fuel system and made sure the car was getting fuel from tank to injector pump ( I used a compressor brake bleeder to pull the fuel through to the filter and made sure the filter housing is full) and I also injected fuel down the pipe to the high pressure injector pump. I also fitted a hand bleed pump in line from the tank to the filter housing. The car now turns over, kicks in as if it’s starting but immediately stops again!!!

is there a fuel pump in the tank of these cars? And could the high pressure injector pump be knackered! I have no way of testing these.

ripping my hair out with this one, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

cheers.

ps recently I have putin new glow plug, new battery and new clutch so everything should be good.

can you put a fault code reader on it? read codes? clear codes and see if any come back?  eg. low fuel pressure or something else.  Tricky if you don't have a fault code reader (a good one that you plug in the OBD socket and then read with laptop/phone/tablet is less then 20 quid). If you want to buy one ask for further advice so you don't waste money on a rubbish one. 

Hi yes I have checked for fault codes and nothing? Although my reader is a fairly cheap one at 50 quid. My friend is going to lend me his professional one tomorrow to make sure but as yet no codes?

Thought I had this solved as being a sticking egr valve to which I fitted a block of plate and all good then went for a day and stopped again. I now think it’s the crank position sensor. 

Which sensor is best to use as a replacement and any tips on fitting it for gap etc. Also does it need programming into the system?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club