Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Fiesta boot

DEVSR2

Hi folks, anyone know what this panel (circled in red) is for (or whats behind it) on the mk8 fiesta?

Also, has anyone got any recommendations for gadgets they use to stop bags rolling about in the boot? The hooks (circled in blue) are ridiculously shallow so nothing stays on them unlike the focus.

TIA 

image.thumb.png.0b71e67e6496b7130c7fb177476f9e9b.png

Not got that on my 2018 - mine has a smaller version of the compartment on the other side, as shown on the right of your photo.

Strange, might try pop it off with a trim tool and have a look. Just odd to have it fixed there

• Like 1

Search eBay for Stayhold boot tidy.
I use them to stop stuff sliding around in my boot.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ive got the same on my 2019 active, I assumed it was a speaker, is it not? I don't have a B&O Speakers

Could be a air vent  for when you stick mother in law in the boot😜

Let us know what you find, I don't have a trim tool. 

• Like 1

It's an air vent to keep the boot dry when the seals fail and fill the boot with water... :wink: 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's an air vent to keep the boot dry when the seals fail and fill the boot with water... :wink: 

Seriously?  

Leaking boot is a common problem on the mk2 and mk2.5 focus due to ford using foam seals on the bolts instead of silicone;

There now putting a blow dryer in the fiesta for when the seals stop functioning that's legendary 🤣

Get an extra two for the bonnet when the windscreen washer jets start leaking around the seals 

Good shout , I've seen them on amazon just now. Looks like a good idea.

Ha I doubt it's an air vent 😂 I don't have the B&O either - doubt it's a speaker by looking at it. I'll dig out my trim tools at some point and take off 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

Seriously?  

Leaking boot is a common problem on the mk2 and mk2.5 focus due to ford using foam seals on the bolts instead of silicone;

There now putting a blow dryer in the fiesta for when the seals stop functioning that's legendary 🤣

Get an extra two for the bonnet when the windscreen washer jets start leaking around the seals 

Lol, on a serious note, leaking boot is even more common on the Mk3 Focus sadly...  They'll all rust from the inside out eventually, very poorly designed & built.  If the Mk8 Fiesta is the same then I hope it is an air vent! :laugh: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEVSR2 said:

Good shout , I've seen them on Amazon just now. Looks like a good idea.

Ha I doubt it's an air vent 😂 I don't have the B&O either - doubt it's a speaker by looking at it. I'll dig out my trim tools at some point and take off 👍

Do you have a panoramic roof?  I'm just wondering if the roof motor is mounted there and they've had overheating issues on the earlier ones.  It does look like a heat vent but seems a bit much just for a fuse or relay box!  

• Like 1

No Pano roof sadly! 

Article makes a good point but there doesn't seem to be any release holes. Further adds to the mystery lol 

I'm at work until Wednesday so will probably try look Thursday 

Electrics of some sort is my suspicion

There are external air vents like that in all car boots, that's where the leaks come in on the Mk3 Focus lol.  But usually the air is allowed to flow through the carpet instead of having a massive plastic grill there. 

We can't wait until Thursday Dev, you've got us all intrigued now! :laugh: 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

There are external air vents like that in all car boots, that's where the leaks come in on the Mk3 Focus lol.  But usually the air is allowed to flow through the carpet instead of having a massive plastic grill there. 

We can't wait until Thursday Dev, you've got us all intrigued now! :laugh: 

Hope it's not a stash of weed or coke 🤣

• Haha 1

I've just had a quick look and it pops off very easily.  Just pull the top away from the lining slightly and then you can slide it upwards and it'll come off.  Looks like it's housing an electronics control unit of some description, strangely it's labelled as Continental (as in, the tyre manufacturer) so I don't know if it's part of the TPMS or something.

• Like 2

The plot thickens🤔

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

I've just had a quick look and it pops off very easily.  Just pull the top away from the lining slightly and then you can slide it upwards and it'll come off.  Looks like it's housing an electronics control unit of some description, strangely it's labelled as Continental (as in, the tyre manufacturer) so I don't know if it's part of the TPMS or something.

Ah that's interesting.  Continental make a lot of modules and ECUs, not just tyre related parts.  :smile:

32 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah that's interesting.  Continental make a lot of modules and ECUs, not just tyre related parts.  :smile:

Definitely aware of that, there's not a large number of connections that I could see though so I'm jumping to the conclusion that it's relatively simple compared to an ECU or something.  Just a thought though, I have no real answer as to what it is really...

Certainly seems like a thing for 2018.5+ models. My early 2018 doesnt have a vent and just has a storage space as per the other side. 

Best way to find out to what it is... someone risk and unplug it and see what happens 😛 I'm sure that's the best way to test things out 😄 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Here I have those vents at both sides, so it seems the subwoofer here is replaced from the spare wheel location to those location behind those vents (Fiesta MK8 ST3)

• Like 1

I have the vents both sides & I don’t have sub woofer, pano roof or anything. I have the STLine edition mHEV & the small battery is in the rear somewhere. 

3 hours ago, Rogue2 said:

I have the vents both sides & I don’t have sub woofer, pano roof or anything. I have the STLine edition mHEV & the small battery is in the rear somewhere. 

I thought the mhev battery was under the front passenger seat?

17 hours ago, Rogue2 said:

Standardization! 

Still a light in your trunk?