Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction kit

ST125

Alright folks đź‘ŤI've recently bought a brand spanker ST LINE 125, I've only done 600 miles, I've put an Airteck induction kit on her and it sounds nice and its feels abit more responsive but my question is do you reckon it should get a little better ie the sweeter running noises it's supposed to once the engine has settled down and bedded in properly? Like I say its brand new so I'm not really getting the mpg i should get as yet either! Thinking of a re map aswell but I'd be a fool to as will make my Warrenty void

7 hours ago, ST125 said:

Alright folks đź‘ŤI've recently bought a brand spanker ST LINE 125, I've only done 600 miles, I've put an Airteck induction kit on her and it sounds nice and its feels abit more responsive but my question is do you reckon it should get a little better ie the sweeter running noises it's supposed to once the engine has settled down and bedded in properly? Like I say its brand new so I'm not really getting the mpg i should get as yet either! Thinking of a re map aswell but I'd be a fool to as will make my Warrenty void

Over time you’ll see an improvement in both performance and MPG. Some say 1,000 miles is the moment the run-in phase is completed. In my experience, I drove carefully the first 1000 miles but it was only at around 2500-3000 miles when the engine really felt like it had “loosened up” and was happy to rev high etc. 

I doubt you will see any major difference in noise though. 

Remapping is an interesting dilemma, one that I am battling with myself. At the moment, the only option I’d consider is the Bluefin remap from Superchips. You can restore to stock and remap again at your own will but doubts still remain if it’s detectable or not so the risk still remains. 

Agreed with @DG97, 3k miles is when I found the engine was happy to be 'driven' but can vary. 

Revo have released their map now but again it's the risk, waiting on Mountune to see if they bring one out in the near future 

I may not do it anyway tbh the re map, I read the plug in ones even once taken out dealers can still tell if ones been plugged in or not to void the Warrenty. If I decide to keep her after 3 years once its ran out then I'll play around with stuff like that. They told me in Haynes some induction kit wont void Warrenty so hopefully this ones alright otherwise it will just have to be swapped back over on service time.

40 minutes ago, ST125 said:

I may not do it anyway tbh the re map, I read the plug in ones even once taken out dealers can still tell if ones been plugged in or not to void the Warrenty. If I decide to keep her after 3 years once its ran out then I'll play around with stuff like that. They told me in Haynes some induction kit wont void Warrenty so hopefully this ones alright otherwise it will just have to be swapped back over on service time.

Mountune induction kits don’t void the warranty even if you leave them in. 

Anything else, it’s a take it off each time it goes into Ford or the risk of voiding is there. 

I've got an Airteck one so I guess it's a take off Long way to go before that anyway. Cheers for replies aswell 👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club