Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Expensive

postman5

i have a 2005 mondeo 2ltr lx only done 17,495 miles and the valve stem oil seals have gone which means an engine strip down and a very empty wallet, anyone care to comment on what could have happened and why.

overfill with oil could be the culprit. to fix the head has to come off!

overfill with oil could be the culprit. to fix the head has to come off!

funny you should say that, my car was serviced at a ford dealers five days later i had to take the car back with an oil leak, the car had only done another 90 miles from the service over 5 weeks when the problem occured, i am now wondering if they just put more oil in when really they should have drained it to put correct amount in as the engine was hot so how could they take a correct dip reading.

i have a 2005 mondeo 2ltr lx only done 17,495 miles and the valve stem oil seals have gone which means an engine strip down and a very empty wallet, anyone care to comment on what could have happened and why.

Sounds like what I call I Friday car. Chucked togather in a rush. Seriously though mileage is nothing to go by. Cars same as us, all basicly made the same but all develope faults along the way, some minor some critical. Some caused by abuse or bad maintenance. Like us our cars are just a heart beat away from the scrap yard. Wiffa

if the car is overfull with oil quite often excess oil sits on the valve oils seals and is expelled thru the valve stem oil seals. this does usually cause noticable black smoke when putting foot down though. i am worried nyself cos my oil change is due couple of months and there has been confusion over oil quality. for example forum people have had trouble with Mobil oil making oil lights come on. 6 litres 5/30 of semi-synthetic oil is a lot to change if the car doesnt sound right or the oil light stays on. i do have a local garage i can trust but their brand of oil i cant recall, isnt a well known brand, though they would probably put in what i bought myself.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club