Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Ford fiesta 2007 1.6 Tdci cluster and ECU replacement

Jdkcctv

Hi all I did a replacement of my lock sets which included the new cluster immobiliser box and ECU the car now shows the ABS light as well as the engine light on top of them both there is another one which is like a exclamation mark and that flashes all the time the car was bought at auction said to have key coding problem so I bought the set with the key coded key the car now starts but has does go into limp mode it won't rev over 3000 and shows shows that two lights and after a few seconds the third starts flashing but it's not a solid like like the other two I've also I've also attached the picture of how the cluster looks now I'm not sure if maybe it needs to have a reset or something like that done I've tried the ignition off Holder left button in on the cluster and do the test everything works fine but after I press the button a few times it just comes up with a whole lot of codes and stuff that I don't know I don't know if somebody can maybe give me a bit of information on something like this or on a tipper how to reset it to get it out of limp mode and get rid of the check engine and ABS lights

IMG_20190812_184322.jpg

May be prudent to get all the codes reset and see what pops back up.
It may just be residual codes from the original coding problem and the reset is all that's needed.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Stoney871 said:

May be prudent to get all the codes reset and see what pops back up.
It may just be residual codes from the original coding problem and the reset is all that's needed.

The key coding is fine now car starts but I'm sitting with this two lights on the cluster and the 3rd is flashing iv heard it can be reset by the cluster its self or with brake and acceleration peddle in all different ways is there any way to do so? 

Get a proper fault reader plugged into the obd port and see what comes up then.
A lot of codes shown via a cluster only check can be misleading and usually just come from a cluster being disconnected or transplanted.
If you know anyone with a modified elm327 cable and forscan or focccus on a laptop then they can have a good dig around.

This cluster and ECU was transplanted from another fiesta to mine Vaught it from a auto salvage.... Thou the other one did start Infront of me with no lights on it...... Is there a way to fix this issue by the cluster its self or if I connect the old cluster will it be fine? Iv heard the ECU cluster and immo box are linked I do still have the original ones and they do work but keys not coddled so if I can connect old cluster or ECU will the coding be fine? 

The cluster, keys and ecu are paired so all need to be from the same vehicle to graft over successfully.
You really do need to run a proper diagnostic to check the system status.

So is there any soft reset of some sort 

Nothing that would be useful here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club