Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Focus Brake Pads,

Graham P

Good morning all.

My 2018 Mk4 Focus 1.5 TDCI front alloys get hugely black with dust from the factory fitted pads. My earlier Focus had Blue Print pads fitted that made hardly any dust at all.

My spare set of new pads are different to the MK4 pads, and obviously do not fit.

Anybody have any ideas what the Factory fitted pads part nos are, and or any recommendations for other pads. 

Thanks for any advice.

Have a look at EBC brake pads especially their Green Stuff range - they are low dust and very efficient

Most decent suppliers will be able to tell you part numbers and compatability

Do shop around as prices can (and do) vary considerably :thumbup1:

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Jim. Will take a look as suggested. Best regards. 

My Mk3.5 1.5 TDCi is the same the factory pads create mega amounts of dust, once they need changed its a set of good quality Non OEM pads and new discs too.

My MK4 makes a load more brake dust than my previous car (Audi A4) too. I assume a lot of it's down to the EcoBoost's low friction, 1.0l engine and the effect that has on reduced engine-braking and therefore increased reliance on the disk brakes for slowing the car down.

The enormous amount of brake dust has nothing to do with the limited amount of friction to slow the vehicle down. It is (unfortunately) just a characteristic ot the FoMoCo (ATE) brakes that are used by Ford. 

The ATE brake disc's and brake pads are develop together. These discs do not go very well with many other make and types of brake pads. To solve the enormous amount of brake dust entirely it is recommended to install ceramic brake pads. ATE Ceramic brake pads are a perfect solution. These go very well with the stock FoMoCo (ATE) brake discs and produce a very little amount of brake dust. The only downside of ceramic brake pads is a slightly increased wear of the brake discs. 

With the standard FoMoCo (ATE) disc brakes I literally had to clean my wheels every week because of the enormous amount of brake dust. After I replaced the brakes with Brembo discs and Textar ceramic pads (front) and ATE ceramic pads (rear) my wheels are no longer covered in brake dust. Even after 6 weeks of not washing the car the wheels are still shiny. 

• Like 1

After reading Wilco's review on brake pads and disc's a few weeks ago, I am also converting to ceramic pads when I change my discs and pads in a few weeks time. I am converting my fronts to 300mm pagid discs and I've seen a good price on some TRW Dtec pads, I have to say though, my last set up were eicher pads and disc's from euro car parts, been on the car now for two and a half years now and have performed perfectly ok with very little brake dust.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club