Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive Headlights Yes or No

Angel1403

Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase a 2016 or younger Mondeo for a max of around 9k.

I am interested in the Dynamic Adaptive Headlights, they sound very nice. However, I wonder if there are any reliability issues with them?

Should I avoid them or am I generally safe buying a used Mondeo, max 100k miles with a warranty?

Thanks for all advice.

Cheers

Allan

aftermarket warranties aren't worth the paper they're written on - when i was buying my mondeo, the sales people were desperate to offer me one for a heavily reduced price, but i read the T&C's in full, and there are a million exclusions (including the drivetrain, electrical components etc.). 

just make sure you inspect the car you're buying properly, if you aren't good with cars, pay for an AA or RAC inspection, or get a mate who's mechanically knowledgeable to inspect for you

i dont know about the dynamic headlights

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 1:02 PM, Angel1403 said:

Hi folks,

I am looking to purchase a 2016 or younger Mondeo for a max of around 9k.

I am interested in the Dynamic Adaptive Headlights, they sound very nice. However, I wonder if there are any reliability issues with them?

Should I avoid them or am I generally safe buying a used Mondeo, max 100k miles with a warranty?

Thanks for all advice.

Cheers

Allan

The bi-led headlights perform great, don't recall seeing any posts on here where someone was having an issue with them.  As a side note, the "regular" halogen headlights are "dog plop" so if you're definitely set on a MK5 Mondy, make sure it's got the LED headlights.

• 1 month later...

As an owner of a MK5 with standard halogens, I highly recommend you look at a model with the adaptive led lights of you can. The halogens poor performance is well known and if you are planning on doing a lot of miles particularly over the winter months they can make the difference between a pleasant journey to an awkward and potentially unsafe one. Not meaning to say they are downright dangerous, just that they don't seem as bright/clear as they should be.

Otherwise, you can always look at aftermarket LED Bulbs as I have.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club