Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remote key fob failing to work - Mk2 1.8 06

Billyygibson

Hello, need a bit of guidance. Couple days ago I came to unlock my car remotely and wouldn't work at all, so had to manually with the key in the door. 
Gotta do it quickly too because once you open the door the beep is going off and if left for 10 seconds the whole alarm starts. 

Anyway I replaced the battery in the 3-button key I've got, made sure its in the right way up etc. Still no luck. 

Reprogrammed as per some instructions I've seen on here. I get the initial beep and 1 flash of the red light to indicate the cars in learn mode. I then press a button on the fob and it beeps once and flashes once again. And nothing changes. 

I've checked to make sure the contacts in the fob haven't fell back and they look fine. What am I doing wrong?

I had this on mine, took it to a Ford dealership and they reset the module that controls it free of charge so might be worth a try? Mines worked perfectly ever since.

5 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I had this on mine, took it to a Ford dealership and they reset the module that controls it free of charge so might be worth a try? Mines worked perfectly ever since.

Will do this as one of the last things I try I think, as I’d like to fix myself if I can. Thanks for the suggestion. 

• Like 1

Had the fob not working a couple of times over the years, disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and hey presto.  

4 hours ago, Billyygibson said:

Will do this as one of the last things I try I think, as I’d like to fix myself if I can. Thanks for the suggestion. 

No problem, I tried everything to DIY fix mine but the car was having none of it and I had to give in.

Update: Got RAC cover so thought I'd call em over just to see what they say. Bloke tried everything I had (tried telling me the battery was wrong way in when it wasn't), and tested to see if the key was sending a signal which it is. So no luck there. 

13 hours ago, RJ414i said:

Had the fob not working a couple of times over the years, disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and hey presto.  

Will give that a go later tonight as can't be any harm in trying. Appreciate the input. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club