Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clicking noise

vindi93

Ok i have a very annoying click noise everytime i pull away. No noises when i turn left or right. Or when braking. Only when i pull off forward or reverse click click. Changed both gearbox mounts so it isnt that. Once your moving and changing gear i dont hear anything.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, vindi93 said:

Ok i have a very annoying click noise everytime i pull away. No noises when i turn left or right. Or when braking. Only when i pull off forward or reverse click click. Changed both gearbox mounts so it isnt that. Once your moving and changing gear i dont hear anything.

You sure it isn’t the ABS ‘self test’ your hearing. When you first pull away, at around 12mph you can hear the ABS making a click/clunk type noise. (It can be loud or quiet depending how hard/fast you pull away) It sounds like that’s all your hearing (natural and nothing wrong) as you say it’s only when you first move off after starting the car.

You sure it isn’t the ABS ‘self test’ your hearing. When you first pull away, at around 12mph you can hear the ABS making a click/clunk type noise. (It can be loud or quiet depending how hard/fast you pull away) It sounds like that’s all your hearing (natural and nothing wrong) as you say it’s only when you first move off after starting the car.
Only on the left hand

Poss drop link noisy but not worn . I've had this before including on new  Mk4 I have now .  Try opening up rubber boots on ball joints and spraying in white grease or ptfe lube.

Poss drop link noisy but not worn . I've had this before including on new  Mk4 I have now .  Try opening up rubber boots on ball joints and spraying in white grease or ptfe lube.
Interesting i have noticed i can also hear it under hard acceleration in 2nd gear too.

On 8/15/2019 at 8:53 PM, vindi93 said:

Only on the left hand

The ABS unit IS on the passenger side of the car therefor if it is the abs unit self test then it will only be heard coming from that side.

The ABS unit IS on the passenger side of the car therefor if it is the abs unit self test then it will only be heard coming from that side.
From 12ft away and over 20mph.

• 1 year later...
On 8/16/2019 at 1:20 PM, Comares2001 said:

Sorry to bring up this old thread but I've got a Focus Mk4 1.5L ecoboost (or SA series as it's known here in Oz), and I hear a very soft click almost everytime when I hit the accelerator. Not all the time though. Only done 10350kms. Any idea what the issue might be?