Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashcam Fuse Choices for mk8 fiesta

auldreekie

Hi, got a Garmin 55+ fitted 2 days ago at Halford also the parking mode cable to go with it . dashcam works ok while driving, parking mode I'm not so sure about.

I believe although the parking mode enables itself when ignition is switched off and key removed it's actually just working from the dash am internal battery as I only get approx 5 hours of use from parking mode. It is not for lack of movement being detected, buses running past 24/7.

I had a look at the fuse box, hardwire kit fusetap goes to fuse number 17 which according to the handbook is voice control,info & entertainment & cd player, fair enough as these come on with ignition.

The parking mode cable is connected to fuse number 3 which handbook says is for parking assist control module, my car does NOT have this module. Would I be correct in saying there may not be anything on the engine side of fuse number 3? Hence parking mode running from internal battery.

Fuse number 5 lock/unlock might have been a better choice... I think.

The issue may lie in that position 3 is a switched live, so turns off when the key turns off as this is the one I use so the camera turns off when I turn off the car.

You may find that switching the two around fixes the problem so long as the car doesn't turn off position 17 after a certain amount of time or something like that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Daggerit said:

The issue may lie in that position 3 is a switched live, so turns off when the key turns off as this is the one I use so the camera turns off when I turn off the car.

You may find that switching the two around fixes the problem so long as the car doesn't turn off position 17 after a certain amount of time or something like that.

I know the radio in my old car used to switch off after about an hour, I suspect the mk8 might be the same therefor no use for parking mode. The infotainment screen switches off with ignition. If your cam on fuse No 3 switches off with ignition then I have a valid reason to go back a third time. I'm thinking fuse No 5 lock/unlock maybe a better choice, I'm sure that would be a permanent live ...I think.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, auldreekie said:

I know the radio in my old car used to switch off after about an hour, I suspect the mk8 might be the same therefor no use for parking mode. The infotainment screen switches off with ignition. If your cam on fuse No 3 switches off with ignition then I have a valid reason to go back a third time. I'm thinking fuse No 5 lock/unlock maybe a better choice, I'm sure that would be a permanent live ...I think.

My camera is hardwired the same as Daggerit.  Parking assist.  It turns off and on with ignition. 

Hope you get it sorted. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club