Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2.0 tdci problems!?

fordff

Hello everybody! First, sorry for my bad English, but will try to explain as much as I can... 

I own Focus, 2.0 tdci, 2005 with 256.000km done. 

He has last servise (oil and filters) at 252.000. Few months ago, I first noticed, the he loose a bit of power around 2000 rpm. This is noticable only if I pressure the gas very soft. If I press it full, problems are not here, he is going well. 

3 days ago, I put in him STP injectior cleaner, full tank and one bottle as instructions said. First 20km nothing.

Then he started with abnormal black smoke, more noticeable around 1800+ rpm and full gas. He sudenlly loose his all power (like he wouldn't have his turbo), he starts to tweak, and is no longer going after 150 km/h. 

I feel guilty... I tried to find some stufs about this problems, but nothing. What can I do? Car is really choking on roads and I need an safe car, because I drive a lot... 😞

On 8/16/2019 at 6:16 PM, fordff said:

Hello everybody! First, sorry for my bad English, but will try to explain as much as I can... 

I own Focus, 2.0 tdci, 2005 with 256.000km done. 

He has last servise (oil and filters) at 252.000. Few months ago, I first noticed, the he loose a bit of power around 2000 rpm. This is noticable only if I pressure the gas very soft. If I press it full, problems are not here, he is going well. 

3 days ago, I put in him STP injectior cleaner, full tank and one bottle as instructions said. First 20km nothing.

Then he started with abnormal black smoke, more noticeable around 1800+ rpm and full gas. He sudenlly loose his all power (like he wouldn't have his turbo), he starts to tweak, and is no longer going after 150 km/h. 

I feel guilty... I tried to find some stufs about this problems, but nothing. What can I do? Car is really choking on roads and I need an safe car, because I drive a lot... 😞

When you rev the engine does it making a hissing sound (possible boost leak, usually due to a split hose) and do you get any error messages such as the EML?

Today I got car back from service

Guilty was a hose between intercooler and intake manifold. Hose is fixed and car is going great now. 

But yes, hissing sound was there and also oil leak. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, fordff said:

Today I got car back from service. 

Guilty was a hose between intercooler and intake manifold. Hose is fixed and car is going great now. 

But yes, hissing sound was there and also oil leak. 

Excellent, a relatively cheap (not serious) fix. 👍

• Like 1

Always a good result, cheap and pretty straight forward!

• Like 1