Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2007 Mk2 Focus 1.6tdci estate loss of power when under heavy acceleration and Egyptian hieroglyphics

Mr Cairns

Good Morning, 

I'm having two issues with my focus, the first one been the most annoying, the car looses power (goes into limp mode) when I accelerate hard (speeding up to 70 mph on the slip road when joining the motorway or when trying to overtake) the car runs spot on no issues (other than no 2) if driven timidly with no hard acceleration, I have checked all the pipes to see if there was a boost leak, I found one and replaced it, and I don't know what else to check I am going to change all the filters and give it a full service to see if that fixes the issue, knowing my it will just be a clogged fuel filter, has any one else had this problem with any ideas i can check?

Issue 2.

my second issue is that the lcd display on the dashboard has a mind of its own. some times it is fine and then other times its got what I could only describe as Egyptian hieroglyphics on it, then other times there is nothing, then it will scroll from left to right with the fore mentioned hieroglyphics, is this some sort of electrical fault or do I just need to replace the lcd (I know that the cluster is fixed to the car  I can't go get a new one and swap it)  this issue is more cosmetic then anything else but would be nice to know if there are any underlining problems causing this.

thank you all for your help it is much appreciated. 

When my 1.6tdci fiesta kept going into limp mode when accelerating there was a fault code for low fuel pressure. Changed fuel filter and that fixed it. But bleeding air out after changing filter was difficult

Re 1 - fuel filter is a quick and easy fix - make sure you fill the new filter with fuel first - saves you the hassle of bleeding off all that air

Re 2 - sounds like a charging fault - get your battery and/or alternator professionally tested under load

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club