Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power Steering Fluid Reservoir - Should it be moved?

FordFarrow

Afternoon guys,

This will be my first forum post, hopefully it's in the right place.

I picked up a low mileage Mk6 ST500 Fiesta last week, and a colleague of mine who's had one in the past recommended moving the power steering fluid bottle to right of the engine, near to the battery specifically. His reasoning behind this, is because of the positioning of the bottle being so close to the engine; when the engine gets hot, it essentially 'boils' the power steering fluid. Is this just a bit of a myth, or a design flaw with the Mk6 that I should probably look into further? 

This will either sound ridiculous, or it could be a common issue that one of you will have come across before.

Any suggestions are very welcome

It's not a myth, boiled fluid on the Mk6 ST is a common issue.

If you plan on tracking the car I would definitely recommend relocating the PAS reservoir.  If it's just for road use then you could just get away with a regular fluid change instead.

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

It's not a myth, boiled fluid on the Mk6 ST is a common issue.

If you plan on tracking the car I would definitely recommend relocating the PAS reservoir.  If it's just for road use then you could just get away with a regular fluid change instead.

Thanks Tom, I appreciate the quick response as well. Fortunately I'm not planning on tracking the car, but it's got a few modifications, so it can get a little warm. I'll look into it, if it's not too difficult a job I'll do it myself.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club