Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK2 Cluster Upgrade

V3NZA

I've noticed through the forums people had upgraded there cluster from the standard no trip computer Cluster  to the 2.5 facelift  Cluster, just need help with buying the right cluster tbh I see loads of codes to the clusters and some saying diesel etc, may be a stupid question but what cluster do I need  for my focus mk2 1.6 Lx do you need to have same engine size or is it down to it been just petrol etc ? Also would I need to upgrade the Gen fusebox ? I've got all the elm stuff and indicator stalk ready just the cluster all help would be appreciated 

I upgraded from mk2.5  small info screen display cluster to large one .it was expensive but wanted one . I had the new cluster updated via ucds software so all data is uploaded like mileage etc. cost me £300 back then as they are rare.

but don't know about mk2 ones. 

You can definitely upgrade MK2 pre-facelift cluster with no trip computer to even the "maxi-dot" one from the facelift version - the one with the display all the way through the middle of the dials. But yeah, those are pretty rare. You have better chances of getting one with the "standard" display for the facelifted mk2 - there are usually plenty of those on eBay and/or various breakers offers. 

What you need to look out for: petrol/diesel versions - since you have 1.6, you obviously need the petrol version - it has rev range up to 8000 rpm (I think) - diesel is lower. And also the mileage - the best way for you to do this without visiting a garage to code the cluster for you, is to find one with lower mileage than you currently have. And then, of course the visual status of the cluster - it shouldn't look like it's been through a mud spa...

The process of configuring it and tools required: new cluster (obviously), ELM327 cable with HS-MS CAN switch (so a "modified" one), laptop, and elmconfig and Forscan software (both free) and knowledge of using these tools. Then, you simply connect with your cable to the car, using the elmconfig download the configuration of your old cluster (HEC tab and everything in it) and save it to your PC. Swap the clusters. Connect to the car again and check if the cluster is working - i.e. you can download the configuration also from the new one. There is a VIN tab (I think) on the HEC page, so put your VIN number in it and leave it as it is, press save to HEC and you should be good (the config for petrol versions should be basically the same for all cars, so right now, there is no need to load your old config to the new cluster, it's just good to have a backup). Then, you need to code the keys to the new cluster, as the immobiliser is paired in the cluster. For this, there is a manual on the Forscan forums, so please follow that, I rather don't want to explain it here so I won't forget something. After you are done, you can try to start the car. If all works, you can increase the mileage using Forscan to match your old cluster and also I think you need to program the remote keys again, so the lock/unlock will work (follow some youtube tutorial on this, it's really simple process). And, you're done. 

Sounds like a lot of work, but it really can be done in like 30 minutes or so, if you know what you're doing. And the cluster pops out easily from the dashboard, as that can be a pain in the a$$. 

I did a swipe on mine recently and it costed me about 60€ (I already had the cable), I know the prices are little higher in the UK, but you should be able to squeeze to a GBP 100,-...I think.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club