Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vignale Delivery Time

Donwilliam

On 31 May I ordered a Vignale with a few extras hoping for delivery early September. I checked with my dealer and no build yet and Ford tell me I must allow between 21 and 27 weeks for delivery.. I do not think they want to sell cars.

• Sad 2

Wow. That's a hell of a wait. I've never been in the position to order a new car but my father in law ordered a new Peugeot 5008 and got it within 6 weeks which I thought was very reasonable.

• Like 1

The average factory order takes approx 12 weeks. Build can slip though do to parts shortages or problems identified in build etc. Transport delays once built, factory summer shutdown for 3 weeks.

Could it be down to the suspension? Ford originally stated the 1.5 eco boost would all get multi link, but from peoples experience on here it seems now they dropped that and have gone back to torsion beam on all the lines except Active and Vignale I think, there’s some topics on here.

i wonder if they discovered skmething or just ended up not being able to meet demand for the components so ended up reserving them for the top trim and the Active due to the ride height differences etc.

It took approximately 12 weeks for mine to arrive. Factory built with no extras. 

• Sad 1

That's ridiculous, but I'm not too surprised, my 2019 Titanium X got broken into and the glass company is having a hell of a job getting a new window from ford.

My Vignale needed front window Weather strip replaced. It was on back order and took them 3 weeks to receive it. Car is in with the dealer to have it replaced. 

On 8/20/2019 at 10:46 PM, Donwilliam said:

On 31 May I ordered a Vignale with a few extras hoping for delivery early September. I checked with my dealer and no build yet and Ford tell me I must allow between 21 and 27 weeks for delivery.. I do not think they want to sell cars.

On 26th May I ordered a ST Line X 1.5 182 5 Door Hatch in Desert Island Blue with Pan Roof and Convenience Pack. Dealer gave registration date as early September and first update from factory gave Build date as 08.19 which I took as being inline with a September delivery to dealer 😄

Second update from factory gave production date as September 13th with ETA at dealer as week ending 12th October ☹️not impressed.

Third update from factory now has production date as 20th September with ETA at dealer as week ending 19th October and to add insult also informed that the factory is closing for the whole of August 🤬🤬.

I have had Fords for the last 33 years but I think this will be the last one as it seems that for all their fancy Brochures and Online Configurator with 20 Focus models to choose from (if you include Estate/Hatchback0 plus dozens of multiple choices regarding engines/colour/manual auto Ford have decided that you can have anything that you want as long as it is what they have already decided to build or you are prepared to wait until the end of time.

Edited by Midgeman
spelling
  • Like 2

I think they are really struggling with the MK4, how many do you actually see on the road, I'm in the NW and they are VERY VERY rare.

I know most people only join an internet forum if there's something they have a problem with, but seeing far to many complaint for a 12 month old car.

The windscreen spilt from the body of mine and leaked like a sieve, the Sync3 is very flaky in my experience, I've been waiting 4 weeks for a new rear door window glass.

Personally if you wont be out of pocket too much, I'd cancel the order and buy something else, I will NEVER buy ford again. #worstcarever

• Like 1

It does sound like you've been unlucky in your car which is not good aye.  I know what it's like to have a car like that and it does get you down.

There's a lot of mk4s round my way, Rugby.  In the little car park of the gym I go to, there's 4 including mine, out of 12 spaces.

Mine has been fine, but it's only 2 months old.  The missus Mk8 Fiesta is 12 months old, no issues as yet.

5 hours ago, Mark-UK said:

I think they are really struggling with the MK4, how many do you actually see on the road, I'm in the NW and they are VERY VERY rare.

I know most people only join an internet forum if there's something they have a problem with, but seeing far to many complaint for a 12 month old car.

The windscreen spilt from the body of mine and leaked like a sieve, the Sync3 is very flaky in my experience, I've been waiting 4 weeks for a new rear door window glass.

Personally if you wont be out of pocket too much, I'd cancel the order and buy something else, I will NEVER buy ford again. #worstcarever

If I could cancel the order I would especially as I have now found out that the 1.5 Ecoboost Petrol 182 has now got Twist Beam Suspension just the same as the lower range models because that was one of the main reasons for choosing that Engine.

As I understand it once an Order has been placed for a New Car with a Dealer it can't be cancelled.

1 hour ago, Midgeman said:

As I understand it once an Order has been placed for a New Car with a Dealer it can't be cancelled.

This would depend on whether a delivery date was specified when placing the order - the standard Ford Retail Customer Order Form has provision for this to be included. The Conditions on the reverse include:

"4 (b) Should the vehicle and accessories not be delivered within three months of the desired delivery date the Retail Customer may by giving written notice to the Seller cancel this contract and thereupon the deposit paid hereunder by the Retail Customer shall be refundable in full. "

• Like 1

normally nine months    ohh vignale i read it wrong lol

• 2 months later...

I'm in a similar situation with my Focus Vignale 1.5l 182.

Due end of September then end of October, still no sign. I've been told its at the UK port, but there's a stop on selling the 1.5l cars due to a fuse box issue (PDB). No idea when it will arrive. 

Will cancel and sod the deposit. 

5 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

Due end of September then end of October, still no sign. I've been told its at the UK port, but there's a stop on selling the 1.5l cars due to a fuse box issue (PDB). No idea when it will arrive. 

I’ve got the st line x with the same 1.5l 182 engine. Ordered in July , got it start of October.  Must be a big issue for them to stop selling them. Never good to have issues with your car but if u can get one without these issues you won’t be disappointed. Maybe worth the wait 🤔 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Peter Parker said:

I’ve just tweeted ford uk re the stopping of selling the 1.5l Focus. Their social media people will be panicking!

i’ll post the response on here. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve got the st line x with the same 1.5l 182 engine. Ordered in July , got it start of October.  Must be a big issue for them to stop selling them. Never good to have issues with your car but if u can get one without these issues you won’t be disappointed. Maybe worth the wait 🤔 

I ordered the ST Line X with the 1.5 182 engine in the last weekend of July. Last update from the dealer at the beginning of November was a pushed back delivery date to 07 December which would take me to 19 weeks from order. I'm ok with the timeline at the moment given I couldn't help myself in ticking options boxes ☑️ so have to allow for build.

Desperate to get it now though, will be gutted if there's an issue with the engine that is holding things up but would rather they sort out their end than end up with a dud.

Be interesting to see what the social media team come back with!

• Like 1

I have just got a ST Line X from Ford Direct, every option box had been ticked. 1/3 off and delivered to local dealer in five days. Couldn't be more happier.

Will definitely get a FD again in future.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SDHXIII said:

I have just got a ST Line X from Ford Direct, every option box had been ticked. 1/3 off and delivered to local dealer in five days. Couldn't be more happier.

Will definitely get a FD again in future.

Jealous! Enjoy! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

I’ve just tweeted ford uk re the stopping of selling the 1.5l Focus. Their social media people will be panicking!

i’ll post the response on here. 

Thanks Alex, hadn't thought about doing that, I must be too old! 

• Haha 2

I’ve got a an end of August/start of September built 1.5l 182. Got an issue with the modem at moment but great car apart from that. 

I sincerely hope it’s not a “dud” !! 

• Like 1

I have the same issue with my 1.5l order. Dealer tells me they are waiting on "an email from Ford UK confirming all issues are sorted" then they can register the car and deliver it. Apparantly it's effecting all orders in the UK. I've waited about 17 weeks so not giving in yet - I just wish they would keep in touch a bit more - it's frustrating!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/28/2019 at 3:02 PM, Midgeman said:

If I could cancel the order I would especially as I have now found out that the 1.5 Ecoboost Petrol 182 has now got Twist Beam Suspension just the same as the lower range models because that was one of the main reasons for choosing that Engine.

You understand wrong dear friend.

Cancel the order