Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convenience check

Andyr55

Just spoken to ford service and they tell me the ‘convenience check’ replaces the first service and all they do is top up levels as required.

no oil change or filter change?

i am on a service plan and it therefore appears I am paying the price of a service’ for a quick once over?

any comment or suggestions?

We were quoted 105 quid for the first year check.  It's a lot of money for something I can do myself and to renew some European breakdown cover I'll never use.

The service plan though should pay for this and your 2 year/18k service.

We were quoted 105 quid for the first year check.  It's a lot of money for something I can do myself and to renew some European breakdown cover I'll never use.
The service plan though should pay for this and your 2 year/18k service.
It does cover uk too and i hope you dont have to use it but if you do like i did then they are spot on.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

On 8/21/2019 at 4:00 PM, Guy Heaton said:

We were quoted 105 quid for the first year check.  

Crikey, that's gone up a bit! The Ford website was quoting £35 when I ordered my Fiesta in September 2017, by the time the first one was actually due (March this year) it had gone up to £95.

You would think it should be covered in a service plan, but then, it wasn't entered in my service book and I was told it wasn't actually a scheduled service. So best to check if it is actually covered and then decide what to do. if not covered by a plan (and I suspect it isn't) your dealer may be willing to negotiate a bit, particularly if including extra work such as an oil/filter change (and the check includes up to 1 litre of oil anyway). And of course you need to factor in the cost of whatever level of breakdown cover you're happy with.

I think a normal service plan covers recommended scheduled services for 3 years from delivery, but with the new extended service interval a low mileage user would probably only get the one scheduled service (at 2 years) within that period, so probably not great value for that type of customer.

Given that I can check fluids myself and get all the breakdown cover I need for 40 quid a year I still think it's a con.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club