Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cost of injector seal kit

Shane55

I just had the injector seals replaced on a 2009 1.6 tdc fiesta by an independent garage.They got the seal kit from a main dealer and I was invoiced €65 for it. Is this what they cost from a main dealer? They can be got on eBay for about €20.

I can't say about dealer prices but I bought some from eBay for less than £10 that did the trick.  Will always pay more for genuine dealer part though 

Yes had seen them on eBay alright, knew one from the main dealer would be more but didnt think would be that much more! For a few washers and plastic spacers, ridiculous.

• Like 1

I rang 2 main dealers to check the price. One quoted €40 and the other, where the garage that did the job got them, €73!!!

• Like 1

On 8/21/2019 at 7:01 PM, Shane55 said:

I just had the injector seals replaced on a 2009 1.6 tdc fiesta by an independent garage.They got the seal kit from a main dealer and I was invoiced €65 for it. Is this what they cost from a main dealer? They can be got on ebay for about €20.

Try Peugeot dealers as the only Diesel engine ford own is the 1.8TDCi 

The rest are Citröen/Peugeot engines TDCi and HDi all the same; even the engine cover from a berlingo fits the ford, 

Cut out the middle dealership 

I just had the injector seals replaced on a 2009 1.6 tdc fiesta by an independent garage.They got the seal kit from a main dealer and I was invoiced €65 for it. Is this what they cost from a main dealer? They can be got on ebay for about €20.
Don't expect any garage to charge you cost price on a part. All garages add extra on parts. The main dealer bits would've been twice the price of the eBay stuff anyway to start with. They're genuine parts.

Agree with Lenny. I reconditioned the injectors on my 1.6 TDCI and changed the seals and it was cheaper getting the seals from places listing it for a Peugeot 1.6 Hdi (same engine). It's been a year and a half since I've done that and it seems to all fine. Did see little puddles of diesel in the injector seats but that was solved after tightening the injectors a little more. 

• Like 1