Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Build on a budget

Miggs2002

Hello everybody, I'm going to start a build thread but not sure how fast it's going to progress as I am on a strict budget at the moment, but here's some pics to start it off

I was doing a 3 stage polish but the rain started 2 mins after stage 1 was done so it should look better when I get it completed

I black eyed it and de tanged it in the first couple of days of buying it, I'm intending to black matte or satin all the chrome trim on the outside, the tow bar Swan neck has been removed I just need to get under it to fully remove it, the alloys are in a great condition considering they are still diamond cut fronts, this will be dealt with by powder coating when it comes time, I've fitted a parrot hands free kit

Future plans are to get some spacers to bring the wheels out a bit, powder coat the wheels (not sure on colour yet), lower at least 40mm maybe even 50, I've uprated the 4300k bulbs to 6000k bulbs but I want to install some leds behind the reflect bowls to get the demon eye look, I'm thinking of getting some projector style units to install in the fogs (might have to just buy ready made fogs) and some for the high beam and convert to led units, I want to change all the internal green lighting to white for switches and blue for dials, also wouldn't mind a red recaro interior if a decent one pops up when funds allow

That's all I can think of for now, thanks for looking, thoughts and comments are welcomed good or bad

Miggs

Just_bought_1.jpg

First mod.jpg

Snowing.jpg

Stage 1 polish.jpg

Reflection.jpg

• Like 1

Do love a mondeo ST and those headlights look really nice. Is it petrol or diesel? Look forward to seeing pictures when you've finished your detailing. I'm into car detailing myself so like seeing other detailers. 

For the chrome trims why not wrap it gloss black? Matte / satin might make it look like it's bare plastic. 

What bulbs have you got? Just wondering as you stated those kelvin ratings which halogens normally don't get to. 

Is it worth putting projectors in the fogs? A lot of people might not take notice of them plus might not do anything compared to stock in light refraction. 

Autobeam are the go to for bulbs if your looking 👍

It's a diseasel as it's a hellova lot cheaper on tax,the trims on the doors and rear lights will likely be wrapped I'm just painting the parts that are harder or to big to wrap with the 20mm dechrome tape I was looking at, the bulbs are d2s xenons, factory fit ones are 4300k which is too yellow looking, I like the more modern look of the 6000k, fitted them already and got a day out of them before the ballast on one light gave up so ordered another one which is in the post, the fogs rarely get used I was just thinking of something different and all the ready to fit projector style ones are angel halo ones which I don't not like but they only look right with other halo lights imo, I may just put some led or hid bulbs in the fogs and leave as is

Not sure when the detailing will be finished as the cars not working as of this morning, done just over 400 miles since I got it and now its running on 3 cylinders and the glow plug light is flashing, I've read the codes and it's throwing error P0200 which is injector loom, I'm just going outside to have a look at the loom and the earthing points see if I can sort it

Gotta love cars 🤣

• Like 1

Diseasel 😂. Let's not hope that word catches on. I have a diesel myself but god I hate the London mayor wanting to expand the ULEZ area to the whole of London in 2021. Id have to sell it sadly as its not compliant. 

Hopefully it gets sorted and just hope it's not a annoying injector. On my fiesta I have 6000k xenons, LED sidelights and halos. Halos is a marmite thing I have to be honest but after a bit I do love them. If you need any help with detailing let me know 👍

DSC_0389.JPG

Oh how great is our government, my mate just sold his audi S4 3.0 supercharged, it runs 330bhp stock and he tuned it to 468bhp,he was paying an extraordinary amount of tax due to emmisions being the basis of tax, now he's got the newer S4 with the same engine with the same specs as the last one but he's paying less tax than me, his is only £140 a year, the newer car shuts down half the engine when round town so produces less emissions, however with the mods he's going to do plus the fact it's mostly on the motorway he's still going to be producing as many emmisions as his last one but paying less tax 🙄 they should make teslas as cheap as a used Ford and more people would go electric

As for halos, yes they are a marmite mod, I personally love the look but at the moment it's not a priority mod, its more like a finishing touch thing when I get the car how I want then I'll have a look at various halo bits for it, it will have to be ccfl ones though as the spotty led ones don't do much for me, I like the demon eye mods that are popular over seas right now and have stacks of 5mm and 3mm leds lying around so it's cost free for me to do that at the moment, as for my issues, I can deal with sorting the injectors if that's what it is I just don't want to spend £400 on them now to find it's a £50 loom, I do plan to get them reconned at some point anyway just wanted to enjoy the car for a few months first lol

3 hours ago, Miggs2002 said:

Oh how great is our government, my mate just sold his audi S4 3.0 supercharged, it runs 330bhp stock and he tuned it to 468bhp,he was paying an extraordinary amount of tax due to emmisions being the basis of tax, now he's got the newer S4 with the same engine with the same specs as the last one but he's paying less tax than me, his is only £140 a year, the newer car shuts down half the engine when round town so produces less emissions, however with the mods he's going to do plus the fact it's mostly on the motorway he's still going to be producing as many emmisions as his last one but paying less tax 🙄 they should make teslas as cheap as a used Ford and more people would go electric

As for halos, yes they are a marmite mod, I personally love the look but at the moment it's not a priority mod, its more like a finishing touch thing when I get the car how I want then I'll have a look at various halo bits for it, it will have to be ccfl ones though as the spotty led ones don't do much for me, I like the demon eye mods that are popular over seas right now and have stacks of 5mm and 3mm leds lying around so it's cost free for me to do that at the moment, as for my issues, I can deal with sorting the injectors if that's what it is I just don't want to spend £400 on them now to find it's a £50 loom, I do plan to get them reconned at some point anyway just wanted to enjoy the car for a few months first lol

A diesel mapper told me it's best to get second hand injectors from a low mileage car. Reconditioning companies most likely use cheap parts so the longevity isn't great. I had all injectors on my car reconditioned as one was leaking but alls been good since then. 

There's numerous companies close toe that do a recon service on diesel injectors, I haven't spoken to my local mapper yet about coding them as I'm not sure if he can do it but if he can code them I'm going to look at what other injectors I can use that will offer better power gains with future mods then I can get him to code them in for me at the same time

• Like 1

Fronr end now all black no chrome

1566884410564.jpg

• Like 1

it's getting there, just trying to find an accent colour for little bits then i can get matching gel badges 

• 5 months later...

Well it's been a while since I've posted on the forum due to ongoing family issues but I have 10 mins spare so thought I'd update this thread, I got some springs and spacers just before Christmas which have been sat in the garage since, I'm itching to get them on I just need a few hours to do so, meanwhile here's some pics

Springs1 Springs2 Spacers1 Spacers2

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

OK, it's been a while, been busy in lockdown so not had much chance to update so here goes

Spacers and springs fitted

REAR lights and side repeaters tinted

Rear exhaust silencer replaced with straight through pipe

Folding mirrors now fold off the key

Boot swith fitted next to esp button and fully working

New gel badges front, rear and steering wheel (black with grey script

I had a new osf bearing fitted last year, then 1 year later it went again, looked a bit more in depth with it and noticed that front wheel had a slight flat spot so I'm guessing a previous owner has hit something and bent the hub, new hub and bearing fitted, shall wait and see if it goes again next year

Most recently the pas High pressure pipe decided it no longer wanted to be a part of the car, it blew on a Sunday and I had 5 hours to get it sorted to pick the wife up 65 miles away, 2 available on eBay were across the country but found a whole car selling cheap (£650) round the corner from me, offered the guy £500 to take now, he said £550 so shot round in my mates car, bought the car swapped the pipe and so far so good, I now have a mk3 hatch St tdci breaking for parts 😂

20201019_081205.jpg

20201017_120051.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club