Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had anyone tried these lights?

waqask64

Thinking of getting a led light upgrade kit for my 58 plate mk6.5 fiesta. Anyone tried these or know if they are legal?c95af8f8def39ac119cc9ffe109a2423.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, waqask64 said:

Thinking of getting a led light upgrade kit for my 58 plate mk6.5 fiesta. Anyone tried these or know if they are legal?c95af8f8def39ac119cc9ffe109a2423.jpg

Search up autobeam. They are my go to for LED lights. They do some really bright brake lights and indicators in they performce range which I have on my mk6 fiesta zetec s. LEDs for the main lights I'm not too sure. You don't want to blind oncoming traffic with them. Philips do these halogen bulbs called white vision bulbs. They say gives a xenon white but it think that depends on the size of the headlights being lit up. 

You don't want to blind people behind you at the traffic lights with extra bright brake lights either.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bobr said:

You don't want to blind people behind you at the traffic lights with extra bright brake lights either.

Yeah true but honestly have to say the indicators especially they stop people driving close behind you. Nice anti tailgating and safety feature 😊

Autobeam have the kit for £140 and ceuk have them for £45... big difference. Also i was planning on just changing the headlights and not the brake lights/indicators. Should i change them all?

1 hour ago, waqask64 said:

Autobeam have the kit for £140 and ceuk have them for £45... big difference. Also i was planning on just changing the headlights and not the brake lights/indicators. Should i change them all?

The CEUK upgrade kit is a starting price of £45. If you include LED Bulbs to the same specification as Autobeam (which is a full LED upgrade), i’d guess the price would be around £140. 

LED dipped beam lights are around £45-50 on their own so the entire kit of LED isn’t going to be £45.

Also, personally, I wouldn’t recommend LED Bulbs in reflector headlights, they are really bright and will almost certainly blind other road users.

the standard upgrade to some white light emitting halogen bulbs is also not recommendable imo, they have a blue coating on them which I admit, looks white in terms of light output but the light itself is very dark and at nights, they are genuinely dangerous as they don’t provide even a reasonable illumination. 

1 hour ago, waqask64 said:

And just checked the CEUK advert - it is not an LED bulb upgrade, just their Illuminite range which will be “blue coated” halogens which I’ve described briefly in my earlier post.

And just checked the CEUK advert - it is not an LED bulb upgrade, just their Illuminite range which will be “blue coated” halogens which I’ve described briefly in my earlier post.
This is the Autobeam ones. Should i be after the chrome or LED variants? Also my car doesnt have fog lights since its the basic Style variant. Can i put them in myself?d09eced4af5bdd42d04dc8f700853f04.jpg057ca0a0a1815b875dd84ad25605555d.jpg

54 minutes ago, waqask64 said:

This is the Autobeam ones. Should i be after the chrome or LED variants? Also my car doesnt have fog lights since its the basic Style variant. Can i put them in myself?d09eced4af5bdd42d04dc8f700853f04.jpg057ca0a0a1815b875dd84ad25605555d.jpg

I’d check out the individual listing for the chrome or led indicator bulbs and see what you prefer. Obviously the chrome is not an LED bulb but just blends in with the silver colours of a reflector headlight. I believe the Autobeam LEDs for indicators or reverse lights are in a red casing which is more visible if anyone pays attention. 

The fog light retrofit, i’m not a 100% sure on - does the front bumper have the fog light surround? If not, you’d need a bumper from a higher trim level. Also, i’m not a 100% if the wiring would be there. If it is - great, if it isnt, I personally wouldn’t bother trying to do anything about the fog lights.

someone with some experience of the mk6 may be able to correct or expand on what I have said 🙂 

I’d check out the individual listing for the chrome or led indicator bulbs and see what you prefer. Obviously the chrome is not an LED bulb but just blends in with the silver colours of a reflector headlight. I believe the Autobeam LEDs for indicators or reverse lights are in a red casing which is more visible if anyone pays attention. 
The fog light retrofit, i’m not a 100% sure on - does the front bumper have the fog light surround? If not, you’d need a bumper from a higher trim level. Also, i’m not a 100% if the wiring would be there. If it is - great, if it isnt, I personally wouldn’t bother trying to do anything about the fog lights.
someone with some experience of the mk6 may be able to correct or expand on what I have said [emoji846] 
Thanks :) i will forget about the foglights then in that case. I will Check out the lights n see what to get. Maybe itl be cheaper buying them seperate as i wont need the fog lights

• Like 1