Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone here work for Ford?

Tistopher

Does anyone here work for Ford and have access to parts? To cut a long story short I need the following:

I probably know it's probably not possible but I'd rather know for certain instead of forking out big money for 3 connectors on a loom.

AMP 0-1241799-1, AMP 0-1241795-5 & AMP 0-1241795-3 which are a protected part made by TE Connectivity and only Ford can purchase them.

TIA

Chris

25 minutes ago, Micro said:

Might be better buying a scrap loom? You can browse part catalogues at http://catcar.info

Can't see the loom on there, think it will be difficult to come by to get a loom, there's a brand new one on eBay but expensive. Problem is I would need to snip the wires on a heated seat just to nick the connectors then solder and shrink wrap it onto my existing wires.

Can't see the loom on there, think it will be difficult to come by to get a loom, there's a brand new one on ebay but expensive. Problem is I would need to snip the wires on a heated seat just to nick the connectors then solder and shrink wrap it onto my existing wires.
Who says you need to use those exact connectors? Find some connectors with equivalent pin count and current carrying capability and replace both ends. You will find they are crimp connectors, if you solder the pins on you run the risk of not being able to insert them into the connector housing (there is a spring clip section you mustn't get solder into)

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Micro said:

Who says you need to use those exact connectors? Find some connectors with equivalent pin count and current carrying capability and replace both ends. You will find they are crimp connectors, if you solder the pins on you run the risk of not being able to insert them into the connector housing (there is a spring clip section you mustn't get solder into)

I have to use the correct connectors, some idiot not sure who had the car before me snipped the connectors of the heated part of the seats underneath. they are still there, my theory is I get a doner loom cut it's connectors off leaving enough wire and then join that to my exposed wires. Then I will be able to connect it back into the connector block at the front of the seat.

I can't see any other way of doing it.

I have to use the correct connectors, some idiot not sure who had the car before me snipped the connectors of the heated part of the seats underneath. they are still there, my theory is I get a doner loom cut it's connectors off leaving enough wire and then join that to my exposed wires. Then I will be able to connect it back into the connector block at the front of the seat.

I can't see any other way of doing it.
Is the seat side on a length of wire? I didn't have heated seats in my focus.

1 hour ago, Micro said:

Is the seat side on a length of wire? I didn't have heated seats in my focus.

Hiya mate yeah so you have your connecter at the front which is held on by a 7MM bolt and plugs in the seat, then the connector block attached to the seat has plugs going in it, green, purple and possibly something else, these will be weight detection and seat belt detection and probably airbag. They are all in situ at the moment, but I have 3 other wires which should be there for the heated part. Brown, Blue and Black these are the ones that someone has cut the connectors off and left the exposed wire, so theoretically I can get a loom or the connectors somehow and bodge it back together and plug it back into the connector box attached to the seat.

Does this make sense? 🙂

Hiya mate yeah so you have your connecter at the front which is held on by a 7MM bolt and plugs in the seat, then the connector block attached to the seat has plugs going in it, green, purple and possibly something else, these will be weight detection and seat belt detection and probably airbag. They are all in situ at the moment, but I have 3 other wires which should be there for the heated part. Brown, Blue and Black these are the ones that someone has cut the connectors off and left the exposed wire, so theoretically I can get a loom or the connectors somehow and bodge it back together and plug it back into the connector box attached to the seat.

Does this make sense? [emoji846]
Could you just connect the seat separately with a new set of connectors rather than using the existing connector?

Have you tried ringing a ford dealer (or FordPartsUK) and asking if they have them?

Just de-pin the wires from the connector block on the seat and crimp on some new ends to match both sides of the loom.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk