Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 tdci running issue

Miggs2002

Ok, I hate being so new and starting a help thread but ford's are new to me and I'm stuck

Bought the mondeo St tdci on Aug 1st so not had it long, covered 400 miles, or there abouts, and it's been lovely, went out to start it this morning and after a few cranks it fired up but seems like it's on 3 cylinders, engines shaking like that too, after about 30 seconds it will cut out, I've put a code reader on it and it's showing P0200 error code which is injector loom, I have spent this morning checking all the wires up to the left side of the head to all the plugs associated with what I can tell is the injector loom, I will enclose a pic of what I've checked, please note the tape is temporary just so I know where I'm upto, there are no breaks in the wires if checked and I don't have a multimeter yet (one is on its way) I do have a test light for checking positive feeds and I have put said light on both pins of all 4 injector plugs and turned the engine over, none of the 8 pins lit up, now I'm no electrician but presumably at least 1 of the pins on each plug would have a positive charge going through when turning the engine over or am I wrong? Other than that I'm at a loss as to what it could be, I know the injector have problems on these engines but the injectors would throw up an individual code per injector no? Is there a known issue with the injector looms on these? Any help would be gratefully received 

Miggs

Loom5.jpg

Loom1.jpg

Loom2.jpg

Loom3.jpg

Loom4.jpg

Well don't I feel speshul (spelt wrong on purpose), I swear modern cars are making me stoopid, first thing I did when it stopped working was plug the code reader in, then went to the area that it said was at fault, only because westville posted that link above did I realise I hadn't even checked the fuses, got back under the bonnet today and what do you know, a blown fuse, replaced that and it fired up straight away, I'm guessing that when I jet washed the engine bay the other day there must have still been water lying on some plugs, the plug to injector 1 is missing that little red rubber seal so after driving 40 odd miles I thought it'd have dried off, I guess some had sat in that plug and eventually shorted it out, new set of plug, injector top, and leak off pipe seals are on their way but at least it's working again, thanks for the advice, much appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has developed somewhat, I found out the fuse I replaced was for the headlight washers, just coincidence it stopped the issue at tbe same time, I don't drive much but as the kids are now back at college I'm driving everyday, after my initial fuse replacement the issue didn't arise for a few days then we had a colder weather spell and it started idling erratically, once the temp gauge was in the middle it seems smooth as silk so I just thought it was a cold running problem, not something I needed to rush to fix, then yeaterday even when warmed up it was still lumpy on cruise and acceleration, like limp mode going in and out if you will, now today I've come to pick my son up from college and it was struggling to keep speed or accelerate, got to college and just plugged the scanner in and it's code P0203 which is injector related but as far as I know that's electrical issues not an injector malfunctioning, please can someone clarify as I'd rather not spend £400 plus on injectors if it's just a wiring fault

Thanks

Miggs

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club