Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bad smell!!!!

Immybob

Hiya all, I am an S-max owner. After a trip to France a week ago (whole family) the car has developed an horrific smell within the cab.! Smells like a dead animal. Now having 3 children trust me when I say I have checked, checked again and then checked a further 5 times for a cheese sandwich, open milkshake bottle etc etc. But cannot find a single thing! The car has been cleaned and still the same, clearly now it’s getting warm again it is a LOT worse. 

I think it may be in the air vents but have generally checked these and also the Pollen filter, no joy. Please help me!! Any suggestions will be gladly accepted and investigated, checked around the underneath of the car for critters but not entirely sure where the air intake is for the heater system is to check that thoroughly.

Thank you all. 

Jim. 

Try can of  aircon deodoriser/cleaner first . Most outlets sell them eg Halfords

• 2 weeks later...

Anything lurking under the floor covers in the back?

Failing that is it a diesel? 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Firstly, Look inside the outside Fresh Air Intake Duct, could be mice, anything. I had one die right there ages ago but didn't really have a smell, I found it by accident.

Secondly check inside the engine bay for dead rodents. They love sneaking in and nesting however usually with dormant vehicles that haven't moved in ages.

Thirdly, and most importantly, quickly pop off the cabin/pollen filter and if you can't see anything, replace it with a new one. It only costs £6 from EuroCarParts.

Fourthly, (DO NOT USE DEODORISER BEFORE REPLACING YOUR FILTER ABOVE!) Buy the following odour-grenade (lol) and follow instructions carefully.

---- Close All Windows, Switch On Aircon, Set To Recirculate, Leave For 5 Minutes With Engine On, Switch Off Car, Leave Car Closed For 2 Hours Then Air Out Car For 2 Hours With Windows Down ----

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dakota-Odour-Bomb-Vehicle-Car-Caravan-Home-Office-Air-Freshener-Vanilla-Scent/382677568686?epid=1742750923&hash=item59195c4cae:g:3WYAAOSwfhlcF8g6

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club