Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Best Fault scanner for all cars but cheap.

jace1969

Is there a good scanner out there which is under £50 that does all cars and also Airbags and stuff the whole lot.

As VW/Audi use a different system to the ford and vauxhall, i do have the Tunnel one for my p.c and a cheap one just for codes for engine light,found this one below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-VS450-Airbag-OBDII-ODB2-Code-Reader-Diagnostic-Auto-Car-Scanner-Tool-Bus/153016708296?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

For VAG group cars, I've heard the OBDeleven device is a decent buy, can do diags, coding and programming, etc. I will be buying one soon to mod my new car.

For Ford, elm327 modified with Forscan is the gold standard in third party tools imo.

Also have a generic bluetooth elm327 with Torque on my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Micro said:

For VAG group cars, I've heard the OBDeleven device is a decent buy, can do diags, coding and programming, etc. I will be buying one soon to mod my new car.

For Ford, elm327 modified with Forscan is the gold standard in third party tools imo.

Also have a generic Bluetooth elm327 with Torque on my phone.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I have the ELM327 from tunnel electronics and its spot on and also just for the fault light say a sensor and stuff i have this cheap £6 thing that works great and does the light.

Just seeing this on eBay and just put the link on here as its for OBD II but don't know if it would support ford as the setting has 1...audi/vw then 2..OBD II thinking its for our system as it does air bag lights and stuff.