Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Rear bumper minor damage. Any solutions?

CarlRoberts

Hello! I got my Focus about 9months ago, the face lifted mk3, a fairly entry level 1.5 TDCi, really love it. It’s the first car I ever ever had of this size my previous 4cars since passing my test have all been super mini size. It’s great to drive even though it’s not a high spec model and easily the best car I have had. This morning when doing a tip run and loading in an old dead push bike, I clipped the rear bumper, on the square angle with the cog from the peddles and a little bit of damage has been left, it’s gone through the paint to reveal the while plastic like material that it’s made from and goes a couple of mm deep, any good tips or recommended solutions? Unlike my previous cars I don’t want to accumulate little areas of damage and would like to keep my Focus in as good shape as I can. Thanks I’m advance for any help! 🙂

Get in touch with your local mobile repairer shouldnt cost much easier than trying to do it yourself, hard to really give a good idea of what to do without a picture.

Thanks! Il have a look around on the internet, their doesn’t seem anything available that would fill it in that would be dead easy having had a look

On 8/25/2019 at 6:38 PM, CarlRoberts said:

Thanks! Il have a look around on the internet, their doesn’t seem anything available that would fill it in that would be dead easy having had a look

Depending upon the damage (can you get a picture?), you may be able to smooth the edges of any large gashes/chips with some sandpaper/a sharp knife, and then fill with touch up paint. If it's exceptionally deep then you would need some filler before painting.

This is an old post from a Volvo forum but it gives clear unambiguous details on how to tackle minor repairs:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=100383&highlight=paint+repair

For the more adventurous here is a good video guide to spraying and blending in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTTlsIHqg0c&feature=youtu.be

HTH