Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Digital speedo.

Dozz

Ok next mod. My Tit X is a 2lt diesel from 2012. As I use it for driving instruction one of the things that bugs me is the lack of digital speedo. Now I understand mk3.5 focuses have this. So I want to see if I can retro fit it. Being a TitX I already have the multicolour display fitted so what's easiest?  Can I flash the instrument cluster to change the functions? Or is later dash just plug and play swap And if so is there any particular software version I need.? Probably best to mention I also have the sign recognition and lane departure gubbins on my car. I've also fitted the 5" sat nav setup but only get direction instructions on the centre display (Is that Normal.? ) I'm aware I can only adjust mileage up. 

There are 2 options to have the digital speedometer on a Focus MK3. 

1. Install the MK3.5 instrument cluster software on the existing instrument cluster. This can only be done using a diagnostic system that has the ability to select and load the software files manually. 

2. Install a MK3.5 instrument cluster. The MK3.5 instrument cluster is technically identical to the MK3 instrument cluster. Apart from the different software the only difference is the hardware version number. Because of the different hardware version number a MK3.5 instrument cluster is not recognized as a suitible part for a MK3. In case of a problem the MK3.5 instrument cluster will not even be recognized by the Ford diagnostic software. 

In both cases the result will be exactly the same. The instrument cluster will work but there will also be some compatibility issues. The biggest problem is that the sound of the parking sensors and Active Park Assist will no longer work because of compatibility issues between the instrument cluster software and the PAM (Parking Assistance Module). Another problem is that the adjustment of the dashboard illumination will no longer work correctly. 

• Like 1

Cheers Wilco, looks like I may have to look at other options. When I'm instructing it's practically impossible to see the speedo

How about an mobile phone ( with gaps ) running a speedo app.

I've used Digihud on an old android phone, it even has a heads up display option.

I've looking to buy a dash cam. See some do a satellite speedo so may take a look at that

Search GPS speedometer on your favourite search engine for lots of options starting at about £12. You can mount one on the passenger side for use when you are instructing.

Stick a OBD reader on the port, and then pull the data readout from an app on a tablet or a phone. This will tell you a lot of what's going on including a speed read out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club