Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Low Battery warning?

Smockboy25

I’ve recently purchased a 61 1.6 Focus and the last week had the low battery warning come up intermittently.

Went to start it today nothing, having read up a little on this seems to happen a bit on short journeys? Only do maybe 10 mile round trip to work every day & maybe bit more at the weekend.

One odd thing couple of days before the trip meter gained about 100 miles and after that wouldn’t be displayed when it was first started?

Guess is just related to the battery? What brand of battery would people recommend?

Thanks for any advice! 👍

On 8/26/2019 at 4:33 PM, Smockboy25 said:

I’ve recently purchased a 61 1.6 Focus and the last week had the low battery warning come up intermittently.

Went to start it today nothing, having read up a little on this seems to happen a bit on short journeys? Only do maybe 10 mile round trip to work every day & maybe bit more at the weekend.

One odd thing couple of days before the trip meter gained about 100 miles and after that wouldn’t be displayed when it was first started?

Guess is just related to the battery? What brand of battery would people recommend?

Thanks for any advice! 👍

•  

Late response so you've probably sorted it by now.  I had the same - intermittent battery warning.  The battery was checked and found to be 88%; replaced it anyway at Eden Tyres with a battery big enough to start a tractor, but that didn't solve the problem.  The car is in next week for a new alternator.  A useful little gadget, available on eBay, plugs into the 12V cabin socket and gives a digital display of the battery voltage.  You can therefore easily check if the alternator is charging.  Your short journeys don't do the battery much good.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club