Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When did ford change multi link to twist for ST-Line x?

Alex.S

Anyone know roughly when ford changed focus ST-Line x multi link suspension to twist beam? 

At production date 06-05-2019 Ford changed the suspension of the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback. From this date the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback (except the Vignale and the Active) have the cheaper torsion beam suspension. 

A very bad decision in my opinion. For me personally it basically means that I will not buy a Focus MK4 and my MK3 will probably be my last Ford. Saving money seems to be more important for Ford than offering a decent driving car. I would be more than happy to pay extra money for the multilink rear suspension if it was offered as an optional extra. I currently drive a lowered (40 mm) Focus MK3 with Eibach springs and multilink rear suspension. After I drove a MK4 with torsion beam rear suspension I came to the conclusion that it did not even drive nearly as nice as my MK3. It was definitely less refined and less responsive. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

At production date 06-05-2019 Ford changed the suspension of the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback. From this date the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback (except the Vignale and the Active) have the cheaper torsion beam suspension. 

A very bad decision in my opinion. For me personally it basically means that I will not buy a Focus MK4 and my MK3 will probably be my last Ford. Saving money seems to be more important for Ford than offering a decent driving car. I would be more than happy to pay extra money for the multilink rear suspension if it was offered as an optional extra. I currently drive a lowered (40 mm) Focus MK3 with Eibach springs and multilink rear suspension. After I drove a MK4 with torsion beam rear suspension I came to the conclusion that it did not even drive nearly as nice as my MK3. It was definitely less refined and less responsive. 

What trim MK4 did u drive? 

At production date 06-05-2019 Ford changed the suspension of the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback. From this date the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback (except the Vignale and the Active) have the cheaper torsion beam suspension. 

which website did you copy and paste that from?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

At production date 06-05-2019 Ford changed the suspension of the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback. From this date the 1.5 ECOboost hatchback (except the Vignale and the Active) have the cheaper torsion beam suspension. 

1 hour ago, JW1982 said:

ST-line with sport suspension. 

36 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I take it you don't know wilco and his extensive knowledge of the ford focus range, I'm a ford technician and he knows more about the focus than me by a long way. I doubt it was copy and paste and more like insider knowledge.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, iantt said:

I take it you don't know wilco and his extensive knowledge of the ford focus range, I'm a ford technician and he knows more about the focus than me by a long way. I doubt it was copy and paste and more like insider knowledge.

I don’t doubt he knows more about the focus than a ford technician.  Most people know more about Ford’s than a Ford technician. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

Trust us, if you've been on here as long as we have, you'll know wilco is one of, if not the most informative people on here. He has helped out countless people on here who have either got stuck doing something, or has offered invaluable information to their cause.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex.S said:

What trim MK4 did u drive? 

3 hours ago, JW1982 said:

Thanks for the info and opinion. Mines a motability lease that will be refused. 

56 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

I don’t doubt he knows more about the focus than a ford technician.  Most people know more about Ford’s than a Ford technician. 

Thanks! 

57 minutes ago, iantt said:

Thanks! 

Sorry dude!...you know it’s true! 😜

• Haha 1

I know more than most ford techs, having been in the trade 39 years and ford nearly 17 yrs so far. But every day is a learning day.lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I can prove with visual inspection and build date that my MK4 stline X is torsion beam.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I can prove with visual inspection and build date that my MK4 stline X is torsion beam.

When did u get delivery of the car? And did you know you weren’t getting the multi link? 

49 minutes ago, iantt said:

I know more than most ford techs, having been in the trade 39 years and ford nearly 17 yrs so far. But every day is a learning day.lol 

You know more than most ford techs!?? I owned a 1988 fiesta , i probably know more than most ford techs!! 

• Haha 1

Car build date is 15th may.  I thought I would be getting multi link.  Ford didnt exactly advertise the changes.

To be fair it handles as well as I want it to, but it is annoying not to have something you thought you did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club