Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power?

whoareyou

Hi,

I have a 2001 Ford Focus. Since ive had it (nov '09) on two occasions iv had a slight dip in power and despite travelling at 40mph, both speedometer and rev counter registered 0!

This lasted for a couple of hundred meters and rectified itself.

However last night i was travelling at around 50mph and it happened again. Only this time i lost complete power, rolling to a standstill. Also ALL instruments failed AND the headlights turned off! All warning lights came on and thankfully i was able to roll to a standstill. If i was on the motorway, God knows what could have happened!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or anyone know a reason for this happening?

Cheers

Hi,

I have a 2001 Ford Focus. Since ive had it (nov '09) on two occasions iv had a slight dip in power and despite travelling at 40mph, both speedometer and rev counter registered 0!

This lasted for a couple of hundred meters and rectified itself.

However last night i was travelling at around 50mph and it happened again. Only this time i lost complete power, rolling to a standstill. Also ALL instruments failed AND the headlights turned off! All warning lights came on and thankfully i was able to roll to a standstill. If i was on the motorway, God knows what could have happened!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or anyone know a reason for this happening?

Cheers

you need a new vssvehicle speed sensor that connects to the gearbox as almost every thing is interlinked the vss is telling the car that you arent moving when you are