Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When does it become a write off

Mark-UK

My Mk4 Focus got broken in to, and needs a new rear door window glass, it is only available from Ford (tinted) and apparently ford don't have any to supply it to the glass company (4 weeks wait so far)

At what point is the unrepairable car a write off due to a single piece of glass

I will NEVER have a Ford again, rather crawl to work on burning coals, I ***** hate the thing, #worstecarever

• Like 1

It only becomes written off if the repair cost is something like 60% or more of the value.

I understand your frustration about having to wait for glass, this can often happen with newer models as all stock is destined for the factory. I had to wait 3-4 months for a headlight, although thankfully it was still functional in that time - so yours should hopefully be given higher priority.

While I sympathise, I don't see how it's the car's or Ford's fault someone smashed your window.

Your insurance should be sorting you with a courtesty while you wait for the repair though?

• Like 6

I don't know how much the repair costs but rather than supply a courtesy car it might be more economic to fit an untinted one temporarily. I am not sure if you are saying that the problem is only due to the tint or if no glass is available for it.

Out of interest was something stolen from the car that the thieves could see.

Damn Ford, not fitting unbreakable glass as standard, what are they thinking!? 😮 

• Haha 2

On 8/28/2019 at 9:28 AM, Mark-UK said:

My Mk4 Focus got broken in to, and needs a new rear door window glass, it is only available from Ford (tinted) and apparently ford don't have any to supply it to the glass company (4 weeks wait so far)

At what point is the unrepairable car a write off due to a single piece of glass

I will NEVER have a Ford again, rather crawl to work on burning coals, I ***** hate the thing, #worstecarever

So are you saying prior to the "break in" you had lots of issues with the car or are you just venting because of the overly long wait time for a new piece of factory tinted glass?

• Like 1

chap at work got a deal to swap his few week old mk3 for a mk4 and now he's got it, has lots of issues with warning lights over nothing flashing up on the dash all the time.... he's very disappointed with it

5 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

So are you saying prior to the "break in" you had lots of issues with the car or are you just venting because of the overly long wait time for a new piece of factory tinted glass?

Prior to the break in the windscreen spit from the body and water was pouring in and I do mean pouring, even coming out the air vents. Everyone has the same issue with the auto stop/start rarely working, had a rattle in the front passenger door, it took nearly 12 months for the outside temp to show on the VERY flaky Sync3 system, can sometimes take a a minute or so for my screen to change from black to a display, even thought the radio is playing.

And a vent over the long delay for the glass, which has now arrived

• Sad 1

It only becomes written off if the repair cost is something like 60% or more of the value.
I understand your frustration about having to wait for glass, this can often happen with newer models as all stock is destined for the factory. I had to wait 3-4 months for a headlight, although thankfully it was still functional in that time - so yours should hopefully be given higher priority.
While I sympathise, I don't see how it's the car's or Ford's fault someone smashed your window.
Your insurance should be sorting you with a courtesty while you wait for the repair though?
Not sure if it's a bit higher. It was I'm my case when they didn't write off a car that basically cost the amount of the car to repair!! [emoji848][emoji2957]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

On 9/2/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mark-UK said:

Prior to the break in the windscreen spit from the body and water was pouring in and I do mean pouring, even coming out the air vents. Everyone has the same issue with the auto stop/start rarely working, had a rattle in the front passenger door, it took nearly 12 months for the outside temp to show on the VERY flaky Sync3 system, can sometimes take a a minute or so for my screen to change from black to a display, even thought the radio is playing.

Wow, you've been super unlucky.  Although there have been a few posts about minor bits and bobs such as door (card) rattles and the software issue with the new petrol particulate filter, I don't remember seeing any posts (until now) where it's been a long list of significant items.

Fingers crossed your luck changes for the better gonig forward!

• Like 2

1st. Sorry you’ve had such bad luck. 

#worstcarever.? 

Can you list the issues? 

Ive braced myself already!! 

On 9/2/2019 at 7:41 PM, Mark-UK said:

If you had such major issues with water coming via the vents and water pouring in via the split window seal, then its a straight rejection back to Ford as it isn't fit for purpose.

• Like 1