Do Not Sell My Personal Information

First Service

Mark Veg

Hi my ford focus is due for its first service does any body no how much they are from ford 

thank you 

Hi,

i think the first service is now a convenience check (no parts changed) just a once over. I’m on a ford service plan but I think the charge is £105

• Like 1

I have a service plan, buy according to the ford pass app first service is £125, basically just an oil and filter change .

Free wash and vac LOL, not at Bristol Street Motors wigan, mine was dirtier after than before it went in

• Like 1

If you take your Ford to be serviced at a participating Ford Dealer you will receive UK and European Roadside Assistance valid from the date of service for 12 months, or until the next service is due, whichever comes first.

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/service-and-maintenance/service-promotions/assistance

Levels are topped up if required, but no oil and filter changes. New fords are on a 2 year 18k service schedule.

49 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

Levels are topped up if required, but no oil and filter changes. New fords are on a 2 year 18k service schedule.

Not all new ford are on the 2 years cycle, it's dependant on engine. My 1.5 diesel is 10,000 miles or 12 month .

• Like 2

This service interval change seems to have been very poorly managed. To me, the only people who really benefit from an 18,000 miles interval (where applicable) are high mileage drivers who will probably still have one (or more) services a year.

VW group have a choice of annual (recommended for low mileage users) or long life service (really aimed at company car users) regimes. You choose which at purchase and the long life regime  uses different (expensive!) oil.

When I got my Fiesta I asked what had been changed in the engine or oil specification to safely permit the longer service interval and was told "nothing". As I only do around 5-6,000 a year nowadays I decided to have an oil/filter change when I had the annual inspection - I think quite a few other members have done the same.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

This service interval change seems to have been very poorly managed. To me, the only people who really benefit from an 18,000 miles interval (where applicable) are high mileage drivers who will probably still have one (or more) services a year.

VW group have a choice of annual (recommended for low mileage users) or long life service (really aimed at company car users) regimes. You choose which at purchase and the long life regime  uses different (expensive!) oil.

When I got my Fiesta I asked what had been changed in the engine or oil specification to safely permit the longer service interval and was told "nothing". As I only do around 5-6,000 a year nowadays I decided to have an oil/filter change when I had the annual inspection - I think quite a few other members have done the same.

I’ve followed the same path, once a year or every 9,000 miles, I have the oil + oil filter changed on the Fiesta.

as above, there hasn’t ever been an actual technical reason for increasing mileages between services so I assume it’s just so Ford can say it’s services every 18000 miles to get more sales. 

• Like 2

Had a 2003 diesel micra for 15 years service was 18000 or two years, and the engine never missed a beat, was pretty shocked that I'm now back to yearly service. Guess it's a good way for the dealerships to get a couple hundred quid out of us every year.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club