Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wierd clicking/rattling noise in new Fiesta MK8

Da9L

6 minutes ago, mitch84 said:

Is this to fix the rattle/clicking sound from the engine bay then?

I thought that was normal sound from the engine or is this issue something different.

the TSB is related to the buzz/rattle that comes with acceleration from around 1500 to 3000 rpm, the heater pipes that come from the engine bay to inside the cabin are causing this rattle, as the pics here in this topic suggest that zip tieing the pipes cure the problem, the TSB , as they say , includes replacing certain O-rings on these pipes to cure the problem

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eng_Ahmad1986 said:

the TSB is related to the buzz/rattle that comes with acceleration from around 1500 to 3000 rpm, the heater pipes that come from the engine bay to inside the cabin is causing this rattle, as the pics here in this topic suggest that zip tieing the pipes cure the problem, the TSB , as they say , includes replacing certain O-rings on these pipes to cure the problem

Oh ok can’t say I’ve noticed any buzz rattles from inside the cabin, my engine makes a rattle/clicking sound when idling, but that’s from standing outside with bonnet up and I have seen people mention that is quite normal.

I only got my car in December all be it used from Fords but maybe they sorted the problem on mine.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitch84 said:

Oh ok can’t say I’ve noticed any buzz rattles from inside the cabin, my engine makes a rattle/clicking sound when idling, but that’s from standing outside with bonnet up and I have seen people mention that is quite normal.

I only got my car in December all be it used from Fords but maybe they sorted the problem on mine.

oh that one, ecoboost 1.0 rattle is normal as per Ford, this rattle is caused by the high pressure fuel pump, pressurizing fuel at around 1000 psi , its driven by the intake camshaft, so this rattle is characteristic to the engine and is normal as Ford says

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

Having the same rattle and rushing air sound as mentioned above when you put your foot down either in 2nd or 3 rd gear, first time i reported and repaired by Ford they replaced a hose? did not state what or where. Been driving my Mk8 for a week or two since its first service and the rattling/ air noise has got worse as it is now louder than before. Booked car into dealership again next week for them to hopefully located and fix although i have my doubts here. If it does not get fixed the Mk8 will be going. I don't want to drive or own car that sound like its got asthma.

if that rushing air is accompanied by power loss then probably there is a boost leak somewhere, either a hose or the bypass valve

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, thanks again for this topic, i have the same problem did anyone found a better solution than the ziptie ?

• 3 months later...

Just to bring this topic up from the dead once again, my solution only worked for ½ a year or so. It has begun again.. This TSB which is mentioned. As far as i understand it i should be able to take the car to Ford and tell them to fix it, as they have a solution now or ?

I had a similar rattle coming from the front induction pipe on the RH side next to the air box. Found rapping it in some electricians tape and then putting the hose back together worked and removed the rattle it was making. Can't do that with this pipe but I wonder if you could get some thin pipe insulation, and wrap it around the area if that'd work?

It is annoying they try and do this stuff on the cheap, I don't know what the cost price vs the list price of these cars are but surely they could spend a little more on fine tuning these things and produce a better overall experience for everyone.

You can spend years refining it and it still won't be perfect  but to put it in perspective:

Mk 1 Cortina, 12 months of an average wage. Mk 8 Fiesta 7 Months. I'm counting my blessings!

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I have just bought a Ford Fiesta mk8 and ive noticed a humming , buzzing noise wen u switch the engine on ,, it also does it wen driving. Only had the car just under 2 weeks.

can anyone help? Please

4 hours ago, Helenwa said:

I have just bought a Ford Fiesta mk8 and ive noticed a humming , buzzing noise wen u switch the engine on ,, it also does it wen driving. Only had the car just under 2 weeks.

can anyone help? Please

it could be the normal sound of the high pressure fuel pump , check this video , if it the same sound you are talking about , if not then it could be something else

(188) Ford 1.0 ecoboost 100 hp sound and vibrations - YouTube 

When I got my Mk8 I was at first surprised by the sounds it made...quite rattly on idle, almost diesel like in some respects, with a fair vibration, but smooths out beautifully when warm/when you drive it; then, WHAT an engine it is! I just think the three pot sounds different to what a lot of people expect, so they think something is 'wrong'. (Which is not to dismiss anyone's concerns above, or imply that they don't have an actual problem)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club