Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is the MP275 Mountune Worth It

radtv

Hi all

I'm new here, and going to pick up my 2016 ST3 petrol on Friday (my third ST I've owned) but I have booked it in for a MP275 upgrade, as it will keep Ford happy on the warranty. However I've been reading that its not worth spending £1385, so should I cancel and stick with the standard car?

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks

Ian

If it's out of warranty why not go for an aftermarket remap?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nope in warranty for the next 4 years so has to be Mountune

25 hp gain for over a grand? No thanks haha. I mean if you thinks it's worth it and you care that much about your warranty then go ahead, but theres much better bang for buck out there.

Also another 4 years on warranty on a 3 year old car? (So 7 years). Surely that's covering you for nothing other than a gaping hole in the side of the block? And that's only if you can provide proof you never ever exceeded 4000rpm and the engine was given 3 hours to warm up and another 2 to cool down every time you drove it. Oh and you'd need to provide your full ford dealer service history complete with an itemized bill for each component fitted.

Basically I'm saying most used car warranties after the first month are total crap and arent worth the paper they're printed on.

• Like 3

Personally, if I had that much money to spend, I would save some money, and fit a Quaife ATB helical LSD differential, to fully use the existing performance.

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk3-focus-st-fit-at-hq/products/mk3-focus-st-quaife-atb-differential-fully-fitted-at-mountune-hq

• Like 2

Aye, the first rule of proper modding is you get the car ready for the power before you give it the power.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, YOG said:

Personally, if I had that much money to spend, I would save some money, and fit a Quaife ATB helical LSD differential, to fully use the existing performance.

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk3-focus-st-fit-at-hq/products/mk3-focus-st-quaife-atb-differential-fully-fitted-at-mountune-hq

Absolutely; improves the handling tremendously.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club