Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk4 ST

Mark-UK

Just been to the local dealer, and they had a new ST in, I'm sure it said the engine was a 2.3 but can't see that on ford website.

Price was a little over  £32,000.  For a Focus 😲😲 (it had a couple of extra I think)

18 minutes ago, Mark-UK said:

Just been to the local dealer, and they had a new ST in, I'm sure it said the engine was a 2.3 but can't see that on ford website.

Price was a little over  £32,000.  For a Focus 😲😲 (it had a couple of extra I think)

Yes, the petrol is a 2.3 though you probably need to go on the configurator to see that, or download the price list. And yes, the basic for the petrol is £31,995 so any paint other than the "free" colour of race red will take it over £32,000.😞

If you can put up with the odd looks of the latest Civic Type R that's probably a better option than the Mk4 ST for now...  Though I reckon that £32k price tag will drop when sales figures aren't s good as they expect!

Also remember you've got another grand to pay on top of purchase price for the first years road tax on anything like this! 😮 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

If you can put up with the odd looks of the latest Civic Type R that's probably a better option than the Mk4 ST for now...  Though I reckon that £32k price tag will drop when sales figures aren't s good as they expect!

Also remember you've got another grand to pay on top of purchase price for the first years road tax on anything like this! 😮 

According to the price list the recommended on the road retail price of £31,995 includes the first years road tax, registration fee and number plates, fortunately.

In "Autocar" magazine's Britain's Best Affordable Drivers Car 2019 the ST was just nudged into 3rd place by the Type-R, but their overall winner was the Mazda MX5 for 10 grand less. As the name suggests, this is based on what their team thought was the best drive, not the fastest, most powerful or most practical!

I rather liked the earlier (early 2000's) Civic - we had a 1.6 V-tec which was good fun but I've always regretted not going for the Type-R at the time. The current one seems massive compared to that one!

I suspect a lot of early ST sales might go to Ford insiders, so there could be some decent buys on Ford Direct six months or so down the road. 😀

• Like 2

Trouble with the modern type r is it's so ugly you'd have to gouge out your own eyeballs rather than have to look at it.  Then you'd not be able to drive it. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

£31,995 for the new MK4 Focus ST seems not bad to me.

In the Netherlands where I live the new MK4 ST costs €50.160,- (£45,349). It is even more expensive than the Focus MK3 RS was.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

In the Netherlands where I live the new MK4 ST costs €50.160,- (£45,349). 

Is that due to the tax when you buy and register a new vehicle? BPM I believe? 

It is indeed caused by taxes (BPM and VAT). The percentage of BPM depends on the emissions of the vehicle. The change from the old NEDC emission test method to the new WLTP emission test method resulted in increased emissions. This directly resulted in higher BPM percentages.

A sad example of the rediculous Dutch taxes is the Mustang GT with a 5.0 V8 engine. The base price (without any taxes) of this car is €38.921,- (£35,188). Including VAT and BPM the Mustang GT with a 5.0 V8 engine costs €126.960,- (£114,784). Note that the Mustang is still based on the old NEDC test method. When calculated by the new WLTP test method the price will be even higher.

• Sad 2

That's horrendous! We get many visitors from the Netherlands here in Yorkshire but I have noticed very few with new cars - now I understand why!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

Trouble with the modern type r is it's so ugly you'd have to gouge out your own eyeballs rather than have to look at it.  Then you'd not be able to drive it. 😀

Tbf, you don't have to look at it while you're driving it... :wink: Just avoid passing any shop windows! :laugh:

I agree that it looks odd though, but so does the MK4 Focus (albeit not as ugly!)...it's the look of the 2020's I reckon, in a few years we'll all be used to these 'futuristic' designs...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

While out for a walk this morning, just got my first sighting of a new ST, in Orange Fury - looked pretty good, but glad I had sunglasses on!😀 Not having F O C U S spaced out across the tailgate is a big improvement IMO, somehow it looked less bulky. I believe the sound in the cabin is electronically enhanced but it sounded pretty throaty from outside anyway from where I was standing!

• Like 1

". I believe the sound in the cabin is electronically enhanced "

Well unless you can turn that off the st is off my list.

From the MK3.5 onwards all ST and ST-line / ST-lineX versions do have electronically enhanced engine sound inside the car. The engine sound is played by the audio system (even if the audio system is switched off).

The electronically enhanced engine sound inside the car was developed as a cheaper alternative for the mechanical sound symposer system that was used on the MK2/MK2.5 ST/RS and Focus MK3 ST and 1.6 ECOboost.

The electronically enhanced engine sound can only be deactivated using a suitible diagnostic system.

• Like 2

So my MK4 stline X has stupid fake pointless piped noise?  How do I stop that?

30 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

So my MK4 stline X has stupid fake pointless piped noise?  How do I stop that?

Always drive with the Mrs in the car - then you won't notice!😀 - but seriously, is it so bad? I don't recall anyone with a Mk 4 ST-L mentioning it? I think I've seen mention on a thread of it being something you can do in Forscan.

• Haha 1

I hate the very idea of it.    Another awful modern invention.  

Wonder if the dealer could disable.

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Another awful modern invention.

With you there - we don't like modern inventions either😀**

9 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

Wonder if the dealer could disable.

They don't seem to like doing anything which alters the car from standard in my experience - even if you offer them money!

**Edit - I've just been reading that scientists are working on a pill that could take 20 years off your biological age - for that, I'd change my view a bit!

• Haha 1

i saw it on black not looking bad 🙂 but better option for sure get rs 🙂

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club